Double Chocolate Chip Cookie |9|

(Check chapter number)

A change of events invoked by Y/n's manager allowed her to only come in for a couple of hours that afternoon. It was great, the brunette had the whole evening to herself for once.

By the end of her shift, Y/n's ribs were aching with razor sharp punches so she gingerly took her advil as she walked down the dark streets.

Joss had called nearly five times that day and Y/n didn't know to answer or not. The girl didn't want to get yelled at yet what if it was important? Y/n had inevitably decided that if Joss called one last time, she would answer.

The girl wasn't going home that night. Joss was too freaky and the thought that Y/n might get yelled at or hit was too much for her. She missed the days when things were relatively fine. Joss and her only fought occasionally and things were good. For the woman at least. Y/n had never really ever been happy.

She didn't even think she came out of the womb happy.

Her mom had died giving birth to her and her dad had also died. Only his death occurred months before when Y/n's mom was still pregnant. A car accident. He was trying to leave them but still, also dead. He got the milk in heaven.

Joss had immediatly taken her in because of the will and everything. She was nicer back then, yet not unhasrh. Joss liked to be in control. Weather the things Y/n did were actually wrong or not. She nitpicked everything.

Guess is seemed that Y/n had gotten to be too much for her.

The streets were nearly pitch black if it wasn't for the plethora of street lights and buildings that created an orange haze in the sky. Y/n briefly wondered what a bunch of stars would look like in the countryside. Probably more intriguing than the dense sky above New York.

Cool night breezes wafted in her face as she walked with no apparent destination. She wondered if she could be a homeless person until she bought an apartment. Probably not because New York rent was incredibly high. It was no wonder why Joss was so frustrated with Y/n.

Blue eyes scanning the streets for cars, the brunette crossed wondering if she could be doing more to help Joss. It was insane because the whole fight was caused over forgotten groceries. It seemed so pathetic. If she just had gotten the damn groceries she wouldn't be wondering the streets right then.

Suddenly, the girl heard the familiar 'pftt' sound. She recognized it instantly. Turning around just as Peter landed.

The two faced each other and then walked for a few seconds.

"Thought you had work..." Peter announced, voice slightly muffled because of the mask.

"I got time off," Y/n responded, shrugging.

"So why aren't you at home?" Peter walked in front of her, blocking her path. "You've been acting...off lately."

Y/n pushed past gently, "not to be rude Pete but we haven't talked in a long time. I changed, so did you. There was mutual changing..."

The boy worked his jaw. Y/n could feel his anger at her lies. "You didn't get in a fight with that crackhead because I saw what happened. What's going on?" Peter stopped her finally.

The wind blew Y/n's fly aways into her face. She brushed them away.

"Nothing's going on," Y/n reassured with a laugh.

"I've got a feeling, Y/n. Are those strangers doing something? Are they--"

"Its not the strangers, Peter," the girl sighed.

"So who is it then? An ex or maybe a current boyfriend? Your boss? Who? You can tell me. I don't want you to get hurt anymore," Peter said but it wasn't Peter. It was Spider-Man. The justice seeking vigilante.