Sun Chips and Bad Subway |20|

(Check chapter number)

Harley shot his head up, "why? You know something?" He asked Y/n suspiciously. He was both acting weird and weary.

Y/n tilted her head slightly. "I've seen him around. He needs an upgrade--not that the spandex doesn't suit his ass, but seriously, he needs something more durable."

Shuri clapped her hands together, "great idea!"

Y/n smiled as Shuri instructed Y/n with how to go about making a suit. Shuri assisted the other girl, pointing out things that Y/n may have overlooked and what not. It turned out that Shuri was probably the kindest person on earth and she was so sweet--yet she had bite. Y/n truly adored her and she supposed that MJ would too.

At one point, Shuri gave Y/n her number so they could talk and briefly Y/n realized how real the situation was. Her life was getting better and she was gonna get to do what she loved. A happiness unlike any other sparked through her everytime she thought that.

For hours they worked on Y/n's project, occasionally taking Vine breaks because why the hell not. Y/n lost track of the time because soon, Wanda Maximoff's voice was coming through the ceiling.

"All three of you need to come up for dinner," the young woman sounded more like a mother in that instant than an eighteen year old. She spoke sternly yet kind.

"Three of us?" Y/n asked the ceiling.

"Yes, yes, I said all three of you. Y/n as well. Now come before it gets cold," Wanda spoke hastily.

Gosh how are these people so nice? Y/n's heart felt so warm in this moment. Was it possible for your soul to feel so loved and cherished by people you barely even know?

That's what it felt like to Y/n.

Harley immediately got up with a frown, "Wands, don't tell anyone that I'm in here, alright?"

"I won't say anything but Tony won't be happy if he finds out. Take a good look at your life right now, Harley. Is one month of punishment really that bad?" Wanda asked through the ceiling.

Harley rolled his eyes, "fine and thanks."

"I trust that you'll figure out a decision," Wanda said before finally coming off the system.

Shuri got up and grabbed Y/n's hand again, bringing her to the elevator, "you must meet T'challa. We can annoy him together."

"The king?" Y/n asked, worry creeping in her throat.

Shuri scoffed in the elevator, then laughing as the doors shut in Harley's face "He is king but he's only amazing in other people's countries. In Wakanda he is a joke to us," she laughed.

Y/n widened her eyes, "what? But he's king," she stressed.

Shuri nodded, "let me explain it to you with materials you will understand easily." She lifted up her wrist and her beaded bracelet erupted with a sand image.

Y/n chuckled as she read it. Shuri smiled widely, nodding with every word, "now you understand."

Before Y/n could answer, the elevator dinged and opened wide, revealing the Avengers quarters.

Exiting the elevator, Y/n saw Natasha and Yelena plus Sam and Bucky all in skin tight suits of black, white, red and then charcoal--all in that order.

Y/n gasped inwardly as she saw that Tony had a black eye and Clint was icing his face with a pizza box.

Shuri gave Y/n a side eye glance as she made her way to the kitchen where Wanda was waiting with a sky blue apron on.

"Now where's Harley?" Wanda asked, putting her hands on her hips.