Nuts In A Long Car Ride |39|

(Check chapter number)

Harley threw down his phone in a mad scramble to get to the elevator. He jammed the button nearly a thousand times but it was too slow for him. So he ran to the emergency stairs and hurried up them with his thoughts completely fried.

He nearly tripped on the rug at the end of the wall when he arrived on the floor he'd just left MJ on and he skidded on the sleek floor with his socks.

"MJ!" He shouted as he ran. Holy shit. She's pregnant? "Mishy! Mishy!"

He entered the common room out of breath, seeing MJ standing up confusedly. How did he miss that bump before? It was clearly there. Staring him right in the face.

Harley glanced at Tony who had wide eyes staring at his phone with the rest of the people there, mirroring his expression.

"That's what Laura fucking meant!" Clint exclaimed.

"What's the matter?" MJ asked walking to Harley who was blinking rapidly, watching his girlfriend.

"When the hell did this happen?" Tony asked sharply, standing up.

"Tony, this is not the time--" Pepper started, also standing up.

"You're pregnant?" Harley finally got out, looking at MJ's confused eyes.

MJ parted her lips in shock and stepped back nervously.

"What the hell, Keener? Explain yourself right now," Tony demanded.

Wanda swiftly was up and fending Tony off. "Don't you understand that this isn't the time to get angry, Stark? You're upsetting her," the woman bit out with glowing hands, pointing to MJ who had tears collecting.

Tony kept his eyes wide and shook his head exasperatedly. "I can't belive this," he mumbled, sitting back down on the couch looking completely dazed.

Steve, Wanda, Natasha, Clint and Bucky walked out of the room, leaving Harley, MJ, Tony and Pepper alone to talk.

"I'm sorry," MJ spoke with tears streaming down her face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harley asked with a slight harshness in his voice. "And why the hell did Y/n know?"

"She told you?" MJ asked while burying her face in her hands. "She said she wouldn't."

"Doesn't matter--when did this happen?" Tony questioned, rubbing his forehead. "This whole fucking time, thought it was Y/n," he shook his head.

"Tony..." Pepper warned.

"No, Pep--I won't calm down or shut up because this is a big deal, alright? MJ, Harley, when did this happen?"

Harley and MJ looked uncomfortable and MJ refreinded from holding her stomach like she usually did now that there was a bump.

"Easter," Harley put his hands in his pockets.

Tony closed his eyes and shook his head, braking into a slight slow humorless laughter. "Oh gosh...I can't deal with this right now. Someone else is gonna have to. I'm not really...here right now," he motioned with his hand and one of his face. "I'm still at the beach in Malibu so, someone else. Deal with it because I'm not mentally okay with this," he spoke slowly and tiredly while getting up.