Chp. 41

Percy's P.O.V.

I ran down to the dining pavilion just as everyone started to take their seats.

When I walked in all eyes went on me and I looked down and gave a slight wave as I went to my table.

I ordered my usual burger and fries but didn't end up eating much.

I was too busy, too busy watching the Athena Hesphates tables chatting it up but especially Annabeth and Leo chatting it up.

I couldn't take it.

Annabeth would occasionally glance over at me and her smile that was talking to Leo would fade and return as soon as she turned back to him and everyone else.

Halfway through my meal when I decided I was finished, I noticed Alexis pushing her food around her plate with hand on chin as she watched the interaction between Leo and Annabeth.

That's when I knew something was wrong. If it wasn't only me and Alexis, probably one of the smartest people at this camp besides Annabeth, noticed, then something was wrong.

By the time dinner was basically over and everyone was up and about talking, Alexis had made her way over to talk to me.

"Hey Percy," she said with a slight smile, "How are you doing with all this?"

"You mean the breakup or this flirty shit?" I said gesturing to Leo and Annabeth

"Oh, good. You noticed. Well I guess not good because it's not good but still good that you can tell that and I don't know..." she said as she put her to her face

"Well." I said with a straight face and wide eyes

I didn't know what to say. I know what she meant but she likes Leo so maybe I'm a bad friend if I tell her but if I say everything is okay and don't worry about it then I'm lieing. So...

I wasn't switching my fingers around working out what I was going to say until I realized I had went away in my own head a little too long.

"Percy?"

"Yeah," I said putting my hands in my pockets quickly trying to play off like I was talking to myself

"You okay?" Alexis kind of laughed

"Yes. Sorry. I was just- Nevermind. So I'm guessing you've noticed them too?"

"Nevermind again! Of course you do! Everybody does! Why would that even be a question?!" I exclaimed

"Okay," She said glancing to the side to see if anyone was watching me freak out "I just don't know what to do. Annabeth-"

"Hey Percy." I heard in a girly flirty slutty voice

I turned my face annoyed and already angered.

"What do you want Drew?" I said angrily

I was sitting up on my table so she was above me with her breasts at my level and she gladly tried to use them to her advantage as she stepped towards me.

I slid over and glanced over to see Leo whispering in Annabeth's ear.

"Um, please go away. I can't deal with the shit you're about to give and cause me right now." I said as calmly as possible

She threw her head back and laughed like it was a joke.

"Okay, Perc. See ya later." She smiled, winked, and flipped her hair and turned to talk to a guy from the Hermes cabin

"How about we go talk somewhere else before we start saying stuff?" I said to Alexis. I'm sure someone here will end up eavesdropping on this conversation and will continue everyone's entertainment."