Chp 31. Tonight

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I really hoped that Percy had gotten away from Drew.

I remembered how attached she was to Jason when he first came and how mad Piper was.

I didn't want to look like the jealous type, but lets face it. I definitely was.

Since Percy had convinced me at the beginning of summer that he didn't need anymore study sessions unless we were going to "study" (his weird and perverted guy humor) we haven't been doing them as much.

I had spent my whole free time today going through these blueprints to give Leo.

I had to go through hundreds of files but I finally put them together.

Lucky for us, they were sure to take little time to create.

I rubber-banded the plans together and set them on the table.

I sat down to take a break and fingered with my necklace.

I thought of all my years at camp, including the summer I missed in the Argo II.

I missed our crew.

We all had so much fun, setting aside the part that we were almost in war.

*Knock*Knock*

My few siblings that were in the room turned and I went to the door.

"Grover!" I exclaimed as I have him a hug

"Hey Annabeth! How's it been? Percy said you have been busy with all your school stuff."

"Oh yeah," I said glumly "Don't get me started on that."

"Whatever Annabeth, I've known you since you were seven. You are excited and don't worry, it will be great." he said

"I know, it's just... Well I'm just kinda upset that I won't get to see Percy as much."

"Oh don't worry about that, and speaking of Percy, that's kind of why I came. Do you know where he is?"

"Actually, no for once. Is something wrong?"

"Oh no, I just wanted to catch up with him. It's kind of rough not getting to hangout with him anymore. I'm just too busy with the council."

He looked nervous as he said it and I knew something was up.

I pushed it aside and decided not to interrogate him.

"Aw, Grover. He misses you too, and I'd check anywhere with water." I said smiling

He laughed. "Ok, thanks Annabeth. See you at dinner! No skipping with Percy!" he yelled walking away

"No promises!" I laughed

I waved him off and went back inside.

__________________________

Percy's P.O.V.

After talking with Nico, we made our way to dinner.

All the campers flooded towards the pavillion.

I looked for Annabeth and finally found her leading a bunch of her cabinmates down.

I went over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"So...." I started

"So what?" she smiled up at me

"You want to meet me tonight down at the beach? I have a surprise for you."

That seemed to make her really excited.

I had planned a really nice evening for us down by the water.

"Yes, I would love to," she smiled "but first I have to drop some blueprints off with Leo. I'll meet you there though."

"Ok." I said as she stretched upward to hug me and kissed my cheek

***

When dinner had ended, everyone rushed off in a hurry to their activities of their choice.

I got some candles and a blanket to bring down to the beach.

As I finished setting up and laid down the blanket, I saw someone walking down the beach.

Hopefully it was Annabeth. I guess she had dropped the plans off for Leo at Bunker Nine instead of his cabin.

__________________________

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I hurried to get the plans together after dinner for Leo so I could meet Percy.

*Knock Knock*

I waited patiently at Leo's cabin door.

In a swift motion the door flew open and Leo pulled me in.

"Let ya daddy see it!" He said as he snatched the plans from me

He threw the blueprints open and went through them in awe like a madman.

"These are amazing! The whole inside of the phone had been reconstructed!"

"Yeah," I said "I figured you would like these because they are so different. It will be something completely new, so when will you start?"

"Now! When you leave, my cabin is going to discuss this new project, and it will be finished very soon." he said

I laughed. "Okay, then I better get out of your way. I will see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Goodnight!" he yelled as I walked out the door

"Night!"

I ran down towards my cabin to fix myself up a little before I met Percy.

I couldn't wait to see what he had planned. I know we do this all the time, but this time it might be different.

We have gotten so close, and I couldn't love him more.

I walked down the path from the ring of cabins to the beach.

I was ready to see Percy.

I was almost to the end when my my stomach fell.

My heart was broken, not broken, shattered into a million pieces.

I broke out in sweats.

My hands shook uncontrollably.

Percy was down on the beach, but he wasn't alone.

He was with Drew.

He was kissing Drew.

__________________________