Chp 9. The Meeting

Percy's P.O.V. Words could not express how nervous I was as Annabeth grabbed my hand and we stepped out of the elevator. We walked up the enormous steps making our way to Apollo's temple/ home where we to meet. We walked in hand in hand. The walls were covered in different concoctions of medicine and medical supplies along with framed poetry and hung instruments. There sat Annabeth's mom, Athena, and my father, Poseidon, on the sofa with Apollo across from them in a rolly chair. "Come in! Come in! Take a seat!" chided Apollo Annabeth and I made our way over to the love seat. "Welcome both of you!" Said Apollo enthusiastically "My son how are you?"My dad said in a concerned voice while holding out a hand "It's been..... Strange." I answered back "And my darling, Annabeth, and you?'' Athena added in "Well it has-" Annabeth started to say "Let's get down to business shall we!?"Apollo chimed in Annabeth looked annoyed and I put my arm around her to keep her contain from being interrupted. "So Annabeth.. You have been experiencing severe nightmares that cause you to sleep walk and hurt people due to hallucinations. "Correct?"Apollo said "Somewhat correct.'' Answered Annabeth "And Percy... You have flashbacks that cause you to pass out for a long period of time and bring out the symptoms of headache, dizziness, blurred vision, and shakiness." "Yes sir." I answered "What have you done so far to help with the symptoms?"He inquired "Uuuuhhhhh...." I stuttered "Weeeelllll....."Annabeth came in "What?" Apollo asked again more intensely Annabeth looked at me with pleading eyes and threw her head into her hands while I put my hand on her back to comfort her. Athena started to get up concerned and staring at me intently while my dad looked at me questionably. "Uumm.." I started "Annabeth and I have been sleeping together." Athena sat up bolt right with a murderous look and my father cupped his hand over his mouth. Athena stood up with a storm set in her eyes. I jumped up from my seat and started to shake a little. "Ok! Just let me explain!" I pleaded "it wasn't like that! We didn't do anything! Just strictly sleeping! Nothing else! I promise I would not disrespect your daughter like that! I love her and Chiron new too and..... Please don't hurt me!" Athena stood there still. Annabeth took her hands away from her head and ran to me to stand in front of me. "Well!" Apollo said loudly "Athena"my dad said "Just calm down. I'm sure you could even agree that it is not wise to hurt the boy now that he is the only thing that can help cure your daughter.'' Athena glared at him and then sat down and smoothed her toga. "Percy." My dad came in "This is quite serious and you shouldn't have taken those further steps." "But!" I came in and then I closed my mouth because I knew it was no use arguing. "That's not all.." Annabeth came in "Continue." Apollo said "Well before we came, Percy had another flashback. Before when I had a nightmare thing, Percy kissed me and I soon snapped out of it. That's when Piper told me that I should kiss Percy to get him awake. All it did was stop him from shaking and made the flashback shorter." Annabeth explained Apollo made some notes on his clipboard and glanced at our parents with a mischievous face. "Well!" He came out "This torment comes from your fall in Tarturus. Instead of going away, over the years, the symptoms have been growing. There is a solution though! It may be fabulous for Annabeth and Percy but you both may not approve." He directed to our parents. "What?" They both asked suspiciously in unison "Annabeth and Percy have a tight bond of love that is not normal between most people." "And..." Athena chided I put my arm around Annabeth,s waist and she looked up at me with her stormy gray eyes. "Percy and Annabeth need a stronger connection." There was complete silence "More physical love between the two." Athena'a eyes looked like Hades and my dad was expressionless. My jaw dropped. I looked at Annabeth. Her face was unexplainable. "No!" Athena said "Athena." My father looked at Apollo and then back at me and Annabeth. "This might be the only way..." "Uuuuuhhhhh.......duhduhduh..." Came out of my mouth I couldn't believe it! I was going to get to do it with Annabeth!!!!! I sounded stupid but I still couldn't help it. Annabeth still wouldn't meet my eyes. "Athena," Apollo said "This is the only way and we need your approval ." "I will not have my daughter conceiving the son of Posidean's child!" She stated Annabeth started blushing and I could feel my cheeks turning bright red. "Athena!" Apollo said "Have you not learned anything in the last 100 years! They have protection for that now!" Apollo went into a medical bag that had magically appeared and pulled out a few things. He threw me a small packet in the shape of a square and Annabeth a bottle of pills. Oh crap. I knew exactly what our little "gifts" were. Annabeth had a very much embarrassed face and was staring at mr with a grin. My face was on fire as I looked at her. "See Athena. Nothing to worry about." Apollo said "Now Percy and Annabeth these work quite easily. Starting with Percy, basically you just put this on when the process starts and....." "I got it." I finally spoke "Well you didn't let me finish!" Apollo said upset "It's fine." I said "you really don't have to. I think I know what to do." I grabbed Annabeth's hand and got up to leave when Athena came in front of us. "Wait!" She said "we have not finished here and you can't go and do that now!" "Athena, I propose an solution." Apollo said "Go ahead." She said rudely "If in the next week, Percy has more than three flashbacks and two nightmares for Annabeth, then the solution will continue. If not, then we will have to postpone the possible solution. Can you please just go along with that." Apollo said "I guess...." Athena said. She turned and looked me straight in the eye. "Perseus Jackson, don't try my patience! I don't want to see any funny business out of you!" And with that she stormed out leaving the four of us alone. Annabeth still held her hand in mine as we attempted to leave again. "One more condition on my part." My dad spoke in his deep voice We stopped and turned around. "Perseus." He spoke "You must inform your mother of this and Mr. Chase." My jaw dropped and Annabeth turned pale. "Yessss.... Sirrrr.." I said awkwardly and with that we finally left leaving my dad and Apollo behind.