Chp. 38

Percy's P.O.V.

~~Lights flashed in my eyes as they moved through time skipping over every part of my life, stopping at the most memorable parts. I saw 12 year old Annabeth standing over me in the infirmary. I reached out to grab her and in an instant she was gone. At 13, I watched her in the sea of monsters and in an instant, she was gone. 14, I stared into her eyes as we slow danced and in an instant my eyes flashed and she was falling off a cliff. I sat in a limo with Aphrodite and talked about my feelings. I saw Annabeth holding up the sky in agony. 15, Annabeth kissed me. Annabeth kissed ME. ME. At 16, I hear a blood curdling scream. I see Annabeth fall to the streets of New York in pain. I want to pick her up and hold her and tell her she will be okay but I'm pissed. I turn in rage to Kronos/Luke and my eyes flash with Annabeth left crying behind me. I sit under the dining pavilion with her arms wrapped around my neck and she leans in telling me she's never going to make things easy. Her lips almost meet mine and bam!~~

I awake in shivers on my floor rocking back in forth in agony.

I want my girlfriend back, and I want her to be mine and only mine, not running off with that Leo in the night.

Since when are my flashbacks decent though. My pain for the loss of Annabeth seems to be made up for in my flashbacks.

It may not be the best memories of our relationship, but at least I'm with her.

I rub my face and walk over to the fountain in my room.

I splash water on my face and look out the window. The sun is rising quickly, but no one is outside yet.

I threw on some clothes and thought I'd go for a run. I usually went on one with Jason or Annabeth, but I wasn't going to pull Jason away from Piper anymore.

They aren't doing too well since this whole thing with me and Annabeth and being separated a lot because of it.

And Annabeth.... yeah... not happening

I ran down the beach which most people find difficult (running on sand) but not me.

From there, I went around the big house and lake and into the woods.

I stopped for breath and just walked for a little bit. I had already ran 2 miles so I thought I would be okay to stop for a few.

I stopped when I saw Bunker 9. It's lights were on already, and I continued to walk towards it to see who was in there.

I heard laughter but not just any laughter, Annabeth's. I saw their shadows through the curtains.

It was Annabeth and Leo.

Again?!

I was not okay with it.

I stood over the window seal and listened to them.

I assumed they were working on the phones.

"Screwdriver," Leo said.
(I'm guessing she have it to him)

"Thank you," he said in a sweet voice

Sweet voice.

Wait!

Since when does Leo talk like that, since when does Annabeth wake up this easily and be all smiles, and most importantly, since when does Annabeth laugh at anybody else's stupidity in that cute little giggling but yet troublesome tone that she only used with me before.

"Since when is that?!" I thought in anger

I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but hey! Annabeth sure did!

I stayed leaned against the wall and continued to listen in anger and jealousy.

They walked to the other side of the room and I could only hear mumbles.

As I moved against the wall to go around, they came back and I heard Leo begging.

But it wasn't a friendly beg.

"Babe, Honey, Baby, Sugar," He pleaded

Annabeth just laughed. Dam that cute laugh.

"Pumpkin, Lover," he continued

"Okay!" She laughed

I fell from against the wall in shock and hurt and anger.

I hit a metal, rusted barrel and it crashed to the ground.

They both stopped inside, and I ran from the woods.

I got down to breakfast where a few people had arrived and went straight to my table trying to avoid everyone from seeing my tears forming.

I sat there and pretended to be messing around with my sword which people already knew I did all the time.

Nico walked down behind the Aphrodite cabin arm in arm with Jasmine while Hesphates and Athena waited for their leaders.

I stared at the woods with jealousy.

After a few minutes, the two cabins just walked down without them, and Annabeth and Leo came from the woods.

No one said a word though and just continued on.

I ate a pancake and left.

I wanted to go straight to my mom's. I would just shower and clean up there.

I talked to Grover for a little bit who had no news and informed Chiton that I was leaving.

He patted me on the back and I took off. I wanted my mom in this time as much as I wanted Annabeth.

___________________________________
Author's Note:

I realize that I switched a little between past tense and present tense, so I might go back and fix it but you get the point.

The chapters will be named after I finish this "part" of the book.

Keep reading because there is more to come. Thanks! :)