Chp 20. Dinner Time

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Percy got us a cab because we didn't feel like walking to the coffee shop.

After paying the taxi driver we made our way into the shop.

It smelt amazing and my mouth started to water.

There were racks of incased bake goods such as little slices of cakes, muffins, and pastries.

Behind the counter there were assorted items such as salads, fruit, mini subs, etc.

We stood in line and Percy wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and looked at the menu that was written in a bunch of curly letters.

When I gave up on that, I decided to order a salad and fruit with a smoothie.

"Percy, what do you want?" I asked

"You." He said with a smirk as he left kisses down my neck

I giggled.

"I meant from the menu." I said with a smile

He lifted his head and squinted at the menu.

He was probably trying to read it where as I just looked behind the counter.

"Uuuuhhh....." He said

"Percy," I said laughing "Just look behind the counter. It will take you hours to read that."

********

After we got our food we sat down in a little table in the corner of the shop.

Percy had gotten a salad, 2 mini subs and a smoothie along with a coffee cake that we shared.

When we were almost finished I noticed a lady across the room.

She had been keeping an eye on us for awhile and would occasionally speak into a little Bluetooth.

She was really starting to worry me.

I leaned in close to Percy.

"Percy," I whispered "Does that lady over there look suspicious to you?"

We both made the mistake of turning to look at her at the same time.

She glared at us for a second before her eyes turned into a fiery and glowing red.

"Watch out!" Percy yelled as he tackled me when a chair came flying over my head

Oh crap. We're in trouble now.

__________________________

Percy's P.O.V.

I tackled Annabeth as the lady stood up and threw a chair towards her head.

I landed on top of her and she crawled behind the table.

I stood up and uncapped my sword as the glass in front of me shattered to pieces and a shadowy, black ball of fur came hurdling on top of me.

People screamed and ran out of the shop in a frantic in all different directions.

Crap.

I really didn't need to deal with the cops anymore.

It landed on me and growled.

I definitely recognized it as a hellhound.

I slashed its front paw and rolled off to the side as it whimpered and roared at the same time.