Chp 30. Calming the Nerves

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Lunch went by as usual.

Hectic and Loud, most of this coming from Leo.

I had just left archery practice and was going with the rest of my cabin to the sword arena.

A few campers, including Percy, Jason, and Nico, were giving a big tutorial today, so surely, the Aphrodite cabin would be there too.

The Athena cabin made our way into the stands to listen, which was not going to be good considering everyone here is ADHD.

Jason began talking as Percy, Nico, and three Areas children (Clarisse and 2 boys) were about to demonstrate.

While Jason continued to talk Percy walked over to me to what I thought was to make some trouble.

"Hey," he whispered "We are one man short because one of the Hesphaetus girls didn't show up. Would you mind demonstrating with Clarisse?"

Jason eyed us questionably as we whispered off to the side.

"Yeah, sure." I answered

"Thanks." he said as he gestured for me to come down

I jumped down from the stands and he caught me. We went over to the other trainers. There were six of us and about twenty or so campers plus a few dryads and sayters.

We demonstrated each and every move as Jason explained it and I tried my best not to let Clarisse crush me.

After his verbal tutorial, Jason and also Percy called for everyone to come down and try it out.

Since I was now a trainer for the day I didn't exactly get to be paired up with Percy, but I would be ok.

I don't need the distraction and he really needs to focus.

All the clueless campers were paired with a trainer and the rest were sent to skewer each other.

So lucky for Jasmine, she was paired up with Nico.

I decided I'd start with my newest camper so I could go through all the different strategies with her.

As we got to the middle of our session and I had switched to my second camper, I glanced over at Percy.

My stomach tightened as I saw Drew with him and I don't mean just with him, against him.

She falsely acted as though she didn't know a single move and Percy moved his arms around hers to "guide her hands" on the sword's blade.

I felt the jealousy rising in me, but I pushed it down.

I may not know Drew's exact intentions, but I got the point.

Though I do know Percy's and I trust he has his mind in the right place.

"Uuhh.. Hello?" the dryad questioned that I was supposed to be training

"Oh! Right! Sorry!" I apologized
"So, you just start by....."

After the time was up, everyone went to get water, and I looked back at Percy to only make me angry.

He was still helping Drew! She's been at this camp longer than most of the people here! She knows how to fight! She was in the War of Manhattan for gods sake and Percy knew that!

The bad part is that he is required to help her whether he likes it or not, and I really hope it's a not for him. If a trainer is asked for help, they can't just reject it.

As they finished, Percy started to make his way over to me, but was pulled away by Drew who was still "confused."

I just shook it off and continued to gather my cabin mates together.