Chp. 43

Annabeth's P.O.V.

Leo's lips were against mine and I kissed him back as best I could.

The thought was killing me. How did Percy even do this. I don't even think charmspeak could take away the horrible feeling I had.

I heard a terrible roaring sound in the background.

His hands were at my side and we pulled away very quickly after about 5-10 seconds.

The pavilion was dead silent.

I started to tear up and Leo threw his hands above his head, mumbled to himself, and paced around in a small circle.

That's when I saw it. The regret. I know Leo didn't want to do it.

It's the same way Percy had been mumbling and pacing with hands above his head.

Which means me, I was Drew I was-

The roaring increased and I turned to see the ocean in 30 feet waves each one crashing down on the beach.

When they crashed the water would come up past the sand and up to the grass.

I turned and looked at Percy.

Alexis stood behind him with hand over her mouth.

But Percy... He has this horrible murderous look on his face.

His fists were clinched, his knuckles were white as snow, every vein was popping out of his body in anger.

I couldn't get him to meet my eyes.

I didn't take my eyes off Percy as I reached my hand back hitting Leo to get him to look.

"Shit Annabeth, Gods shit Annabeth." Leo still had his hand above his head

The roaring of the waves became louder and louder.

Everyone couldn't decide what to look at: me and Leo freaking out, Percy about to murder Leo, or the waves that were crashing into the grass.

The stare-down lasted for a solid 3 minutes. There was complete silence among over 100 people gathered under one pavilion. You could hear a pen drop.

Of course Leo was the first to speak.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back as he stepped back as well.

"Percy-" he said as he did

All of the sudden, the roaring went dead and then came back up at a tremendous volume even higher than before.

The ocean raised and fell. Waves crashed and water came up through the ring of cabins and flooded even past the pavilion.

Everyone screamed and jumped up on tables as about a foot of water flooded the camp.

Percy was as white as snow.

"VALDEZ, GET YOU'RE HANDS OFF HER. DON'T TOUCH HER." He wasn't yelling but his tone was deep and
murderous

"Oh dear gods." I said putting my hands over my mouth and pulling up one of my drenched feet to see the damage

"Percy, don't." Leo said putting his hands up

He was scared out of his mind. I was scared out of my mind!

"Hey, Annabeth... A little help." Leo said backing up

"HELL, DON'T EVEN SPEAK TO HER VALDEZ!" Percy said even louder stepping forward

"Percy-" Leo couldn't even speak