Chp 34. Depression

Annabeth's P.O.V.

I laid in my bed face-down.

Piper, Jasmine, and Alexis were sitting at the end of the bunk, and Clarisse had scared everyone else away from me.

Everything was hectic, but I laid motionless, ignoring everyone, and thought of all the great times I'd spent with Percy.

I didn't want to believe it, but I saw it with my own eyes.

The image of his hands on her hips and mouth against hers pounded into my brain.

Why?

I didn't understand, and I was in no mood to confront Percy for an explanation again.

The sad thing was, I didn't even give him a chance. I just went off on him and stormed away.

I probably should've listened. I know I should have listened.

When I got tired of hearing the girls hushed whispers, I just pretended to be asleep, so everyone would leave.

As my siblings came in, I laid there with my eyes closed and listened to everyone shuffle around the room mumbling and getting ready for bed until I eventually fell asleep.

***

I woke up with tear stains along my face feeling like crap.

"It was a dream." I told myself "It was a dream."

I sat up and rubbed my face.

"How ya feeling Annabeth?" asked Malcolm

"I'm really sorry about last night, but I'm sure there is an explanation." one of my sisters sympathized

"Oh no." I said throwing my head in my hands "It wasn't a dream."

I started to tear up and leaned my head against the headboard.

"Oh no you don't." Malcolm said coming towards me

"You're not going to cry. I'm not going to let you." he said putting an arm around me "Why don't you lay back down and-

"No." I said "I didn't even give him a chance to talk, and I can't think through anything. I can't sleep. Why don't you go ahead and take everyone down to breakfast. I'm going to stay here."

"Are you sure? We can wait until you are ready or-"

"Nah, go ahead but thank you though." I sniffled through by tears

"Okay." He said sympathetically
"I will bring you back some food."

After everyone left I flew to the ground.

I dug under my bed and pulled out my my box of pictures.

They were all of Percy and I along with our friends.

I continued to look at them on my bed while sobbing uncontrollably.

This was ridiculous.

I'm a child of Athena for gods sake.
My mother would kill me if she knew I let one of Poseidon's get to me.

I took the box and threw it to the end of the bed where the dozens of photos scattered.

__________________________

Percy's P.O.V.

I woke up and rubbed my head.

I can't believe this.

I lost her. I lost Annabeth.

How could I have let this happen?

Drew. This was all her fault. She used charmspeak.

I know she did.

I'm sure of it, but I don't know how or why she would do that?

How would I even prove that?

It definitely kept me from running away from her.

Maybe it was Annabeth. I was so focused about what was going to happen instead of the current situation.

I just needed her to admit it. She needed to say it in front of Annabeth.

I understand her being mad, but she didn't even let me talk. Then again, that is a common quality in a woman when she's letting out her emotions.

But ooh, if I would've seen Annabeth making out with another guy, I would be at his funeral by now.

***

I went down to breakfast looking as rough as Hades.

I kept my eyes peeled for Annabeth as I desperately searched for her, but she wasn't there.

My stomach dropped and I wasn't very hungry anymore.

Was she ok?

What am I talking about, of course she's not ok!

"Hey Perc," someone patted me on the back. It was Grover. "You want to talk about last night. I know you man, so I'm sure you have a lot of explaining to do."

Drew.

It's her fault.

I looked for her at one of the tables and spotted her by her usual makeup overload.

Piper sat at the opposite end of the table and I could tell she was pissed off. I bet she had a rough morning dealing with that.

***

By lunch time, Annabeth still hadn't shown.

Either, she locked herself up or she's seriously avoiding me which really made me upset.

I had been all around the camp. Chiron had tried to talk to me multiple times, but I wouldn't let him.

I got strange and indecisive looks from everyone. I guess they couldn't decided whether to take my side and face Drew's wrath or pretend they didn't know she used charmspeak.

Though not everyone knows she has charmspeak, everyone does know that if she wants something, she gets it.

By the looks of last night, she wanted me and she wasn't going to let a fast coming engagement get in her way.

I actually Iris Messaged my mom when I gave up looking.

She was really upset. I told her what happened, and she was doing her best to find encouraging words, but they didn't help.

She was heartbroken herself and didn't really have a solution.

What do I do now?

I can't even control myself today.

I'm in a deep, dark depression.

I've been crying. I'm not going to lie.

I need to talk to Annabeth and I'm not going to lose her.