Chp. 44

Percy's P.O.V.

I had collapsed at least three times and Leo had passed out by the time we got to the infirmary.

I was dizzy, had a massive headache, a bruised jaw, and my balls hurt like hell.

I laid in the infirmary with a wet rag across my head, ice on my jaw, and held a big bag of ice on my genitals which I must say is almost as uncomfortable as getting kicked there.

I could vaguely see out the bottom of my rag down my nose to see Annabeth and Alexis talking quietly while tending to Leo.

They seemed to be explaining the situation to one another as they frequently gestured toward me and to the right where Leo must have been laying.

I pulled my rag up slightly to listen in as they moved over so Alexis could tend to Leo.

"And it's not like-" Annabeth was saying

Alexis glanced over me and smiled. And then did that girl thing where she rolls her eyes and gestured toward me with them while still looking at Annabeth.

Crap. I'd been caught.

I quickly released my hold on the rag and let it fall back over my eyes.

"Hey now," Annabeth said as she sat down beside me and laid a hand on my forearm, "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

"Well," she said with a small smile, "I'm sorry about that."

"Yep. You should be." I said with a straight face

"Hey, this isn't completely my fault you know." She said defensively

"Annabeth," I said a little loudly pulling the rag off and looking her in the eyes

Her eyes widened. I couldn't tell if it was in fear or anger or any other emotion. I never could tell.

"I know. Chill." I smiled taking her hand "That just means we are even. Sort of."

"Sort of?" She questioned as she yanked her hand away

"Well I was under charmspeak, and you free-willingly kissed one of my best friends so yeah, sort of."

"Um no." She smiled a little like she does when she thinks I'm wrong, "You were also with Alexis, so it's even."

"I know." I said as I grabbed her hand again, "It was obviously Leo's plan." I smiled looking over at him

"And how would you know that?" Annabeth laughed

"Well one, that would be 99% of all the other guys in the world's first plan, to try to impress a girl by using another." I gestured to Alexis who had walked to tend to others, "Two, since when do your plans not work? Three, I don't have a three but there's a still a lot I could probably say and I probably could come up with it if you gave me some time." I smiled.

Annabeth smiled and looked down towards her feet. "Yeah, my plans or at least the ones that are completely mine are never wrong." She smiled

We sat in silence for a little while until I broke it.

"Annabeth?"

"Yes?" She asked

"You know- You know I love you right?"

"Percy... Of course I do."

"Like I always will. No matter what happens. You could've stayed with Leo or whoever else, Luke for goodness sakes and still, none of my feelings would've changed. I still would love you.... Always."