Chp. 39

Annabeth's P.O.V.

It was literally 5 in the morning when I was dragged from my bed by a greasy pig, aka- my "boyfriend."

Ew.

I'm not going to get used to that.

Actually, I think I'm going to throw up just thinking about it.

Yep. There it is.

He pulled me outside in my sofie shorts and tshirt.

Thank gods I dressed more appropriately when I slept than most at this camp, but I keep my cabin in neat order.

I don't want to see my half naked siblings walking around like Aphrodite because they just think they look good or Hermes because they don't care.

I had snatched up my converse and was putting them on as Leo pulled me along.

He didn't look too amazing either.

After a long time of pleading and pulling and snatching and trying to kill Leo, we arrived at Bunker 9.

"Leooooo," I moaned (not that type of moan though) "Why?"

"One, I needed to make more phone chips. Two, we need to discuss my brilliant plan because we need something big to get Alexis to notice what a cool guy I am. You need more practice on showing love and compassion. Lastly, I feel that someone had to suffer and wake up this early, and it might as well be someone that I know will help." He said proudly with his arms crossed

I think he was just happy he could come up with enough reasons quick enough for a child of Athena,

but I could do better. :)

"Okay," I said rubbing my face

I was not a morning person with a few exceptions like if I had a lot of sleep or I was on a mission or others...

"So let's get to work then."

Leo threw open the door with a big grin.

He cracked me up with his excitement.

"So," Leo said walking over to the table, "with this chip done as a model, we should be able to produce them really quickly. Once I get the jist of it's making and structure, I should be able to teach the others. Let's get to work then because I would like to complete another by breakfast and hopefully, I will have it down."

"Okay," I replied as he started his work

After awhile of constantly handing Leo tools, I spoke up.

"So what were you saying about my love and compassion because I have a lot of it," I said confidently

"Oh yeah." he said sarcastically "You're a real sunshine!"

"Leo Valdez! I may not be in the best mood all the time but I do have love and compassion!"

"Then show it!" He said laughing "You're about as loving as Queen Dirt Face!"

"How dare you?!" I said laughing yet angry as I threw a screw at him

"Hey!" He said blocking his face "Chill! We can work on it!"

"How?" I said kind of laughing

"Like that!" He exclaimed pointing at me

"That little laugh you only used around Percy!"

I tried to do it, but I couldn't.

Leo continued to laugh and work on the phones as I tried to find my happiness.

That little flaming haired grease monkey.

As I continued to laugh and he at me, I eventually was able to do it. He looked at me and just laughed at how uncomfortable I was.

"Screwdriver," he eventually said to break the silence

I shoved it in his hand kind of irritated, but he just continued on.

"Thank you," he said sweetly

"Hmm" I smiled falsely at him

He started to move across the room, and I followed again as he started to talk again.

"So, you can't attempt, and we will pray to the gods, that you can laugh normalish," he started

He pulled some blueprints out of a shelf, and I gave him a little glare.

"And..." he hesitated "I think we need to be more out there and intimate." He said throwing his hands out disfunctionally

My eyes widened, and I shook my head at him as I made my way back across the room.

"Babe, Honey, Baby, Sugar," He pleaded

I just laughed. I wanted to see how much he could come up with.

"Pumpkin, Lover," he continued

"Okay!" I laughed as I knew I couldn't listen to that mushy crap much longer and especially from Leo

His smile stretched from ear to ear.

"But," I said

There was a crash from outside the frantically, and I instantly shut up.

With eyes wide, I looked at Leo and he tried to look through the blinds.

After a solid two minutes of Leo trying to open the blinds and figuring out it's mechanism, I pushed him out of the way.

Whatever or whoever it was was gone or maybe and hopefully, it was just the wind.

I went to the door and stood on the steps to see if I could see anything but nothing.

I looked at the clock on the wall as I walked back in and realized it was almost time for breakfast.

"Hey Leo," I said tapping my fingers on the table "We need to get going! It's breakfast times, and our cabins will be waiting."

"Yeah, yeah, just let me finish this!" He said waving at me

"Uugh!" I groaned "Hurry up!"

"Damn." He looked at me "If I'm making you that hungry," he smirked "Go right ahead."

"You're nasty Leo!" I said crossing my arms and plopping down in a chair

I usually wouldn't have been that upset, but the last person, and thank goodness the only other person ever to use "hungry" in that context, was Percy.

I closed my eyes.

This plan better work.