twenty one

Maude

With some light music playing in the background, I finally get started packing for Maine. Since we're only going to be away from Saturday morning to late Sunday night, I only need to pack a small bag of things. Plus I told Harry to bring an extra shirt for me to sleep in because I liked sleeping in his shirt so that's one less thing going into my own bag.

Glancing at my phone that's open to my messages on the bed, I smile as I read through the groupchat. Everyone's talking about weekend plans and deciding if they should go out partying or not. I've been chiming in here or there to make fun of the guys, but for the most part I've been quiet since I'm busy packing and I'm not going out partying with them anyway so my input doesn't matter much.

I walk over to the closet, picking out something nice to wear for a dinner while we're away. Usually I would ask Cassidy for help with my outfits, but the last thing I need is for her to catch on that I'm not going to be with my family this weekend. She kind of dropped the Maine conversation for now, but I'm expecting it to continue tonight, since she keeps bringing it up in the group chat.

Humming along to whatever song is playing, I hold my options up to myself in the mirror, figuring out a cute outfit before bringing the winning options over to the bed so I could put them in the bag.

Charlie: Maude, if you don't come tonight I will go over there and drag you to come with us.

Ben: Yeah, you won't be here Saturday, come tonight!

Kay: Pleasseeeee Maudeeeeee!

Cass: She's literally holed up in her room, she's not coming guys

With a small smile, I pick up my phone to reply.

I wish I could come but I'm leaving at like 5am and need to get enough sleep so I could deal with Lance. Next weekend though for sure!

Charlie: Fuck your family, I wanna hang out with you.

Cass: I'll talk to her

My eyes roll slightly, knowing they all mean well but I just am not in the mood for partying or getting blasted. I mean, ever since the whole Logan thing I've definitely scaled back a lot on going out, just not wanting to deal with more guys acting like that. Plus I'm with Harry and I feel people would catch on faster that I'm secretly seeing someone now that I can't just sleep with whoever offers. I mean, I didn't flirt back with one guy and Cass knew.

The weekends are the only time Harry and I can spend time together and hide away. It's easier to make up an excuse on why I'm not around on a Saturday than it would be if I slept over his place on like a Tuesday. I want to spend time with him, now more than ever. I want to make our time together count.

Harry and I need to get away this weekend. We started talking about the whole Juliet thing over dinner, but it's not just a one off conversation. I'm sure she'll end up being a topic of conversation while we're away, mainly because we're just trying to find a way to make this work.

I'm still not too convinced Juliet is just a friend, especially after the way she talked about him to me after class. It was like she was trying to say that they were dating, which I know first hand is not the case. Harry tried to tell me that I'm just reading too much into things and that she probably just meant to group them together as professors, but I was there. I know what she sounded like and it was as if she was saying they went on a date and that's why they were talking.

It upsets me still that he wants to keep that friendship, but I guess in a way he has a point. If he were to just stop being friends with her out of nowhere it would be obvious something was up. Plus she's friends with Niall and Shea and it would cause problems. That's not to say that I'll still be fucking livid every time she's around, but that's a conversation we need to keep having.