one hundred

Maude

Weddings. The ultimate show of affection. Putting your love on a pedestal for all your closest friends and family to witness.

To say I'm a sucker when it comes to weddings is an understatement, especially when it's my best friends getting married. It took everything in me to try to keep my tears at bay, and even still I was a bit of a mess up there next to her.

It was just the most beautiful ceremony. They so obviously love each other just as much as they have since the day they met. I'm always in awe of their love and have looked towards it as an example for what love should look like. They aren't perfect, but relationships aren't supposed to be perfect.

As the wedding party comes to a close, I find a moment to say goodnight and wish them a happy honeymoon. They were able to swing a week away right after the wedding, which means they're catching a flight early in the morning tomorrow to the Bahamas. I wish I was heading to a warm and sunny place tomorrow. Instead I get to go back home to Boston, which is still pretty chilly since it's only March.

Mid conversation, a hand rests on my lower back. I turn to look at who approached, and break out into a wild grin when I see my handsome plus one.

Harry smiles warmly toward Cassidy and Noah as I place my hand against his back. "Hope I wasn't interrupting."

"Nope, not at all. What's up?" Cassidy smiles at him, before looking over at me.

Surprisingly, Cassidy and Noah took a liking to Harry. Once he got back home from the holidays and I officially asked him to be my plus one for the wedding, I started re-introducing him to my friends. Cassidy was a bit cold to him at first, having a hard time seeing past him being our old professor and all the heartache he put me through, but the more he came around, the more she started to accept him as a person in my life. Even though nothing's official yet between Harry and I, they have been very supportive of us being together.

Harry pulls me in closer to his side. "Just wanted to steal her away for a dance. And of course, to say congratulations since you guys are leaving soon, right?"

Noah nods, "That we are. And thank you, Harry. It was nice of you to be here with us today."

"Of course. Thank you for having me."

I smile over at him, unable to hide how extraordinarily happy I am that this is real. That my friends actually get along with my boyfriend. Even Will made amends with Harry, and the two of them along with Noah actually are the best of friends now.

"Do you guys have any plans for the rest of the weekend?" Cass asks, wrapping her arms around Noah's torso as he holds her closer.

I shrug, "I think we're just driving back to Boston and getting ready for the work week. Not all of us are lucky enough to jet off to an island somewhere tropical." We all laugh, slowly making our way as a group to the dance floor.

"Yeah, Mitch and Sarah are watching Ruth and although I'm sure Nicky is loving having a dog, I need to get back home and relieve them." Harry jokes, making us all laugh.

Once we get onto the dancefloor, we part ways. Wrapping my arms around Harry's neck, he holds my waist and starts swaying along to the slow love song that the dj is playing. We share a sweet peck and a smile.

"Have I mentioned how stunning you look today?" He mumbles with a wink.

I hum, pretending to think which only makes us start to laugh quietly. "I think once or twice."

"Hmm, that doesn't sound right." He quirks up an eyebrow at me as I smile.

We get into a teasing debate over if he's told me how pretty I look, but a song starts to play through the speakers that quickly shuts us up. I look toward the DJ, for some reason shocked that they would play this song right now, even though it's a pretty popular love song.