twenty eight

Maude

Charlie definitely is the life of the party. He keeps drinks in our hands and almost every thirty minutes on the dot he's passing around shots to our group. I've definitely let go at this point, knowing I'm drunk or at least nearly there.

Honestly, I've been having the best night with everyone. It feels nice just letting go and being around my friends and peers. I've spent the last few weeks scared to even talk to these people out of fear of accidentally exposing my relationship, but to be honest, I kind of miss how much fun partying was. Getting to just party and let loose with everyone just feels freeing and incredible.

Of course I love spending time with Harry, but I guess I've been so consumed in our relationship to notice how much I've been missing with my friends. I hope Harry's not missing out on stuff like this in his own life, but then again I don't know how much he partied with friends before we started seeing each other.

I missed dancing with my friends. Wrapping my arms around Charlie from behind, we sway and dance along to whatever song is on, laughing and having the best time together. Kayla and Ben are off in some corner making out, Noah and Cassidy are dancing and just enjoying their time together, and Violet, Charlie and I are going wild.

I'm proud of myself though, because guys keep coming up to me and asking to dance or to buy me drinks, but I'm standing my ground and saying no. Charlie's been pretending to be Violet and my boyfriend for the night to keep the guys at bay, but my reputation still proceeds me I guess. Probably wasn't smart of me to come as a Playboy bunny if I'm trying to not seem like a slut anymore, but it's Halloween and I feel super hot. The more I drink, the more confident I get in saying no.

Another shot down, Charlie and I laugh at how fucking horrible it tasted. I've given up on having a chaser at this point, just chasing my tequila down with the vodka soda in my hand. Better than nothing honestly. Downing the last few drops from my cup, I lean closer to Charlie, putting my hand on his chest to stable myself. "I'm gonna go get another one!" I yell over the music.

He shakes his head, putting his hand over mine. "I'll go get it for you!" He offers, but I wave him off, shaking my head.

"I'll be fine! Go dance with Vi!" I encourage, pushing him toward her with a giggle before dancing my way through the crowd to the bar. It's packed in here, but I love it. I love the feeling of everyone being all pressed together. You could just feel the energy flowing and it feels so amazing in my opinion.

The second I get to the bar, the men start to crowd around. Not only is there a girl in a Playboy bunny costume at the bar, but it's Maude, which means they're fighting to be the one who gets to take me home. Leaning over the bar, I order another vodka soda, but turn my head when I feel someone grab my hips from behind.

Logan.

My eyes roll and I elbow him to push him back, pissed off. "Get the fuck away from me, Logan."

"Miss Maude, back at the bar. Can I finally take you home last night? You can't let Charlie be the one to fuck you tonight, he doesn't deserve it." He slurs, obviously wasted out of his mind.

"Nobody's taking me home, nobody's fucking me. I'm here with my friends and I'm going home with my friends. And if I was going to fuck someone, it definitely wouldn't be you and your tiny dick."

This pisses him off to no end, and if I wasn't drunk I'd probably get nervous about what he'd do next, but I'm full of liquid courage. Thankfully though, before Logan can do anything someone steps between us.

"Logan, just walk away." Will intercepts, trying to calmly defuse the situation. Will is a lot bigger than Logan is, and a lot more intimidating to look at. Logan knows that too, and decides to just listen and walk away instead of fighting against him.