eighty three

Maude

The library is a nice change of scenery.

The past week or so, maybe even longer if I think about it, I've just been going back and forth between the apartment and different people's houses. Especially after everything went down with Harry, I've just been sticking to Cass, Noah and Will like glue.

Today though, I wanted to venture into the world again and try to feel like a normal human. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about school after this semester, but I still want to make sure my finals go as well as possible just in case.

Charlie asked me if I wanted to study with him after Professor Norwood's final, and instead of finding some excuse to go back home and hide in shame, I said okay. We found a quiet spot in the library to study for Professor Horan's final. I'm not looking forward to seeing him again, but I think as long as I keep my head down he'll ignore me.

I'm most nervous to see Harry again, but I know I have to. Will is gonna be with me through that and we'll just get through it together. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on taking my exam and won't just worry about him staring at me the entire time. I really don't want him to look at me or else I might just spill everything in front of the entire class.

But that's Thursday's problem, and I'll just have to worry about that then.

I haven't seen Charlie much outside of class since my birthday. I stopped going to group study, and even when we did have class together I was more preoccupied with Harry. Then of course, he broke up with me and I just didn't go to most classes last week.

Another reason I've been avoiding Charlie? He's still working for Harry. The internship is pretty much through the trial, so he'll be stuck in the firm for a few more years. They will probably end up giving him a job there by the end of it, and I know I should be happy for him, I'd rather he doesn't take it. But that's not my choice so I just have to be a supportive friend for him.

"So, what did Professor Whittaker want from you the other day?" Of course he's gonna pry for information.

I just shrug, drawing swirls and doodles in the margins of my notebook. "Nothing, just forgot to put the date on my paper."

"She called you back to get you to fill in the date?" He doesn't believe me, great.

"I don't know, she's weird."

"But you..." He sighs, dropping the conversation. "Nevermind. What did you think of Norwood's final?"

We get into a conversation about the final we just took and how the review sheet he gave us was literally just a copy of the final. It wasn't too much of a shocker though considering his midterm was the same exact way. Norwood's been around as a professor since my dad was in Harvard, so I'm pretty sure he's just tired of grading tests and knows that nobody really cares about his class. I think he's actually planning on retiring soon, which I mean, good for him.

Honestly though, I needed an easy final. After Juliet's final, I just needed something simple to ease back into test taking. I also just needed a break before I have to deal with Niall. I'm not too sure if he's told his wife about Harry and I, but I'm just going to go into her final thinking she knows already. At least I had one professor this semester who wasn't involved in this stupid fucking relationship drama.

Conversation dies back down and we bury ourselves in our books again, trying to focus on studying. Trying is the key word, since I keep finding myself looking around the room to see if Harry will pass by. He wouldn't know I'm here, and I'm not too sure if I'd want to see him or not. My heart wants to see him again, but my mind doesn't.