1.

Luna

Why do I always end up in the situations I'm so desperately trying to stay away from?

"Oh, you want me to forgive you!?" I almost scream into the mic of my earphones as I pull out the suitcases from the back of my car. "How cute."

"Listen, Rosa," Felix, my older brother, calmly starts his explanation from the other side of the call. "I wanted to tell you- I planned to tell you this a few weeks ago but I genuinely forgot."

"Finn, how can you forget to tell me that the flat that I'm about to move into, already has one person living." I groan and walk away from the now-closed door of the boot. I drag the two suitcases towards the side of the car as I continue speaking. "And that person is especially a boy!"

I open the door of the car and grab my giant backpack and another big handbag from the backseat before closing it. I patiently wait for my brother to answer back instead of his nonsense fumbling.

"Rosa, I-I have a very selective memory, you know that." I roll my eyes at Felix's carelessness and the stupid lie he told to cover that up. "And I told Maeve to remind me but she didn't."

"Don't blame your girlfriend." I leave the bags on the side of the car as I walk around to make sure all the doors are locked. "Maeve is not your secretary. It's not her responsibility to remind you of one simple thing over and over again."

"Okay, okay, calm down," Felix says. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I sigh under my breath as I walk back to the bags. "Fine. I accept your apology."

I slip the key into my jeans pocket, with the extra apartment key Felix sent, before pulling the suitcases and other luggage towards the side of the road.

"Thank God." Felix lets out a long relieved sigh. "And don't worry, Michael said that the boy is humble and won't cause any problem. So, you're good."

"Well, he better not," I retort. With one look over my shoulder towards the car which was parked safely, I grab the handles of both the suitcases and am ready to cross the road. "If he bothers me, I know how to keep him on the track."

"Michael also said that he goes to your university and is one year above you." I continue to hear Felix talk as I carefully cross the road. "And he does some part-time job at a restaurant so, I don't think you'll be seeing him that often in the house."

As soon as I cross the road successfully with all that luggage, it almost feels like I won a battle. I make my way into the building while speaking to Felix.

"Please, don't say anything which contains the word 'University'. I am already too pissed at the fact that I didn't get to go to London for uni. I'm still digesting the loss."

"How many more days you're gonna be stuck on that thing," Felix says. "Be glad that the one you have right now is one of the best universities in Manchester. At least you're not in Liverpool anymore."

"Yeah, but I wanted to go as far away as I could. I dreamt of being with you at the house. You'll go to work and I'll go to my college. But that bullshit 'Waiting List', ruined my chance to make that dream into a reality."

Going to London for university has been at the top of my list of priorities for a few years now. And also I have a very very genuine reason not to stay too close to my house.

"You still have Lucas with you there." After a short walk into the hallway between the door to the elevator, I and my heavy luggage finally reach the automatic metal door. "He has been in Manchester for a few years now."