21.

A/N : let’s cry a little bit :')

***

After two retakes, I finally managed to complete the recording.

There was an overwhelming feeling swirling inside me the whole time. So, halfway through the singing, my eyes automatically closed and I just pretended to play in an empty room with just me and my guitar, It helped to untangle the knot in my stomach. Not to be too dramatic but, this whole one hour felt like a dream, I wish I could describe how I felt in words but I cannot. It wasn't even like a performance in front of the public but it was one step towards it. In a few days, I'll be singing in front of some people, without my guitar, alone without anyone supporting me.

That thought itself makes me want to curl up in the corner and never show my face again. I may be dramatic but my confidence is gone, it is the first thing you need when it comes to aiming for your dream and I lack it. But I know this as well if I don't do this, I'll never be able to make my family proud, I won't be able to be proud of myself ever again. So, instead of feeling like I did nothing because of my anxiety, I would rather do something; even if I make a fool of myself for it, that would be just an addition to my list of things I should never dare to do.

But looking at the three people in front of me makes me believe that I can do everything if they are with me.

That's what I felt today.

When I slowly opened my eyes again after a few minutes of silence to let the nerves go down, I saw the three of them staring at me with unreadable expressions. I let out a breath caught up in my throat and a small smile formed on my lips.

Slowly, I take a look at every one. Joshua was sitting down with his hands clasped on the table and mouth slightly parted. Sydney was standing in front of the laptop with her hands clutched together in front of her chest and her brows narrowly drawn together. Lastly, my gaze falls on her.

The flappy insects begin to wander in my stomach and my smile drops when I see Luna leaning against the wall with her arms folded in front of her and a soft smile on her face.

I think I did decently.

“Was that...” I slowly remove the guitar from my shoulders and place it down on the ground while speaking. “...was that good? Did I do it right?”

I startle when Sydney quickly rushes around the table and strides towards me. I take a quick glance around and see Josh standing up too.

“Oh, Harry!” I chuckle when she hugs me tightly and I quickly hug back. “You were beautiful, oh my god.”

“Really?” I ask with a smile as she rocks me side to side in a hug. But my face gets covered when Joshua joins in for a group hug. “Oh, hi.”

“Shut up, mate,” I hear Joshua’s voice from above me. “You were fantastic!”

I did great.

I did it!

“Thank you!” my laugh comes out muffled, and I remove my one arm from Sydney and put it around Josh. “Thank you so much.”

“You, guys,” my eyes open when I hear a laugh. “Let him breathe properly, oh god.”

I felt two pecks on my head simultaneously before they both loosen their grip around me. When they backed away, my eyes catch sight of Luna smiling at the two of them with the corner of her eyes crinkling.

God, she's beautiful.

“I could barely see there was someone you were hugging.” she shakes her head with a smile. “By the way, the camera is still on.”