49.

“That's a very familiar scent...”

“Stop inhaling all the oxygen and stand properly,” I say to him while I adjust both heavy bags on my shoulder without him knowing. I groaned internally and grabbed his arm when he tried to sneak away. “Stop acting like a dog! You look stupid!” I laugh.

“Remove the blindfold then! It's been longer than an hour, I'm practically blind.” he retorts.

“First, we have to walk a bit.” I grab his hand without hesitation and pull him forward towards the steps. “Two steps.”

He stumbles a bit but steps up finally. I hold his arm and lead him towards the door. He hums when I open the door and lead him in. “Come in.”

“It's a very familiar place, I can feel it.” I smile to myself and walk through the foyer and stop him at the end. I look ahead of me and my smile widens when I see Anne, Robin, Gemma, Joshua, and Sydney in a dimly lit living room, surrounded by the homemade cake Anne and Gemma made on the table. I look to our sides and wave with a smile when I see Harry’s two childhood friends Jonny and Chloe on each side of him with party poppers in their hands. So I slowly unhook my hand from his arm and move away. But I gasp when he quickly grabs my hand and pulls me towards him. “Where are you going?”

My eyes widen and I panic. I quickly push his hands away from me and back away, standing in front of him. “Harry,” he leans his face closer. “When you hear a whistle, you should remove the blindfold.” his hand goes up but I swat it away. “Not now.”

“Okay, okay.”

So with one glance at him, I turn away and sneakily go towards the others. Quickly, I remove the bags from my shoulder and put them down on the couch. I chuckle softly as I stand beside Sydney and Anne. I look at all of the people present in the room and give them thumbs up before turning my head back at Harry who's standing at the end of the foyer with the bandana over his eyes. My heart races as I smile before whistling.

I look to my side and hover my hand on the main light switch while he takes off the bandana which I accidentally tightened too much. Then I quickly switch on the light when he finally snatches the blindfold down from his face.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

Harry startles at the noise of the party poppers beside him, I watch as he looks up at the confetti for a moment before looking to his sides. His eyes widen and his jaw drops when his friends come in front of him. The room echoes with laughter and cheers when the childhood friends reunite after a long time. My heart fills up with warmth when I see his smile stretching up to his ears as he tightly hugs them. Eventually, he lets go of them and they pull him towards the table. I chuckle when Joshua steps forward with a party hat and puts it on his head before giving Harry a big hug, Sydney also joins in.

I feel myself getting emotional, my heart starts to get heavy and my eyes glossy. But I pull myself together and smile while looking at Harry being the happiest.

The smile on his face is like water sprayed on top of a dull flower. Refreshing.

“Happy birthday, darling!” Anne moves away from me and goes to him. He softly smiles at his mother before wrapping her in a comforting hug and rubbing her back. “Happy birthday, baby. I love you.”

“Okay, now, family group hug.” we laugh when Gemma pulls Robin into a family group hug. “Happy birthday, baby brother. I can't believe I'm handling your nonsense for 2 whole decades.”

“I know,” he lets go of the hug, still loosely wrapping his arm around his mother. “I feel sorry for myself too that I have to handle your tantrums for 2 decades.”