28.

A/N: Loooong chapter :')

* * *

Seeing Harry Styles live, check. Hearing Harry Styles live and clear, check. Witnessing the first-ever performance of a song he, himself wrote and composed, check. Seeing the people when he's singing and finding nothing but pure satisfaction on their faces, check. Witnessing the raw reaction from people after his performance, check. Seeing Harry Styles's face lightened up with pride and joy because of the standing ovation and applause, check.

But never in my right mind, I had thought that when he will get off that stage he would be running right into my arms with a rosy face, dimpled smile, and the pride he felt for himself glued on his features. I couldn't stop giggling when he almost lifted me from the ground but I quickly told him not to, I didn't want people to interpret things that are not true. It was hard for me to look away at anything other than the three people I wholeheartedly adore and admire, wrapped up in a bone-crushing hug. It was a sight for sore eyes, it always has been.

"That was one of the best melodies I've heard, H." I laugh as I sit down on my seat and turn my body to face Harry who was sitting on the seat which was originally Sydney's. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this song?"

"It's a ballad," he says, his body also tilted towards me. "I thought you wouldn't like it."

"Are you joking?" I scoff with a smile afterwards. "I love ballads. It's one of my top three favourite music genres."

"Why?" he laughs. "Do you like intentionally getting sad?"

"Maybe," I shrug. "I pay more attention towards the lyrics than the music. It makes me feel better when I'm actually sad."

He just stares at me with amusement. "You're unpredictable."

"I know." I shrug and whisk my eyebrows.

Our attention shifts to the front when the murmur in the room suddenly quiets down. My smile drops and my heart skips a beat when professor Smith, professor Cole, our principal sir, Mr Hawke m, and unfortunately, senior Collins walk out on the stage. I startle when Harry quickly clutches onto my hand which was resting on the arm of the seat.

"It'll be okay, don't worry." I look at him and tap the top of his hand. He looks at me with a clear fear on his face. "You did absolutely amazing, trust yourself." he nods and we both look back at the stage.

But there is something very suspicious going on there. Other than senior Collins, absolutely no one on that stage looks genuinely happy to announce anything. I glance at them but my eyes stop at the paper in professor Smith's hand. I looked up at the four of them but the smile they were giving felt so forced, even a child would recognize that. In a quick moment, a staff member from the wing came to hand the mic to professor Smith.

I frown when senior Collins stepped in front of him and snatched the mic from the guy. I grimace as he turns with a sickly sweet smile on his face.

"Good afternoon, students!" no one greeted him back. "Today's auditions were phenomenal. I'm moved by the talent we have here. But you know the tough part," he passes to look around. "Finding the one gem hidden beneath. So, I know all of us here are excited to hear the name of our talented singer for this year's competition," he says and I don't like it. "Don't worry, don't worry, I won't stretch it out long."

I feel Harry's grip around my hand slightly tighten while I scowled at the man, literally snatching the piece of paper from professor Smith's hand. He laughs into the mic as he looks around the room. I feel weird from the inside about all of this and looking at the other four people's faces on that stage makes it hard for me to not be suspicious about any of this.