17.

Jacob Collins has got to be the worst possible human being I've ever come across.

I was angry, so angry when I got to know what he did with Luna and why he did it. I knew he had a thing for her the minute he laid eyes on her, and I've heard him say that he would totally hit on her even though she doesn't like it.

And that's just disgusting when you get to know what he really means by that.

But that's just not it, Collins threatened Luna about my participation in the competition. He has a strong belief that Luna did something to get me on the board because, in his eyes, I'm that dumb, talentless guy who doesn't deserve any of this. His ego doesn't let him believe that anyone else, other than himself, can be good or even better than him.

So, when Luna told me everything about what happened, I took a decision.

I will not take part in ‘The Musical Souvenir’.

I don't want to have anything to do with the one-time event that will cause me or my friends any harm. I don't care if I lose my chance or whatever, but the people close to me wandering around with the constant risk of bullying is a big no.

But, I got defeated in that argument.

Luna Rose managed to win over me, yet again.

“Everything is gonna come in between you and your success if you don't start to believe in yourself. And there's no chance me or even Josh and Syd are going to let you just back away from that one golden chance which is right in front of you, because of some stupid bloke, who does not have any other thing to do other than go around bullying people and proving how powerful he is. You are not going to back away from ‘The Musical Souvenir’ because it's not just your dream, it's ours too.”

These were her exact words, I remember them like the back of my hand. Of course, I countered back many times but at the end of the day, she still manages to somehow twist my decisions.

I didn't want to go home either. Because she was still a bit disturbed after we finished packing Gemma’s presents before going to sleep and I didn't feel good about leaving her like that. But unfortunately, when I mention I'm not planning to go, I got a call from mum.

So, obviously, I had to go.

Now, it’s been four days since I've been away from the flat. I felt homesick for all these four days. I loved seeing my family again after months and had a wonderful time but, you know when you get too used to a place it starts to feel like your own and overall you miss that atmosphere, that's what happened to me.

I started to miss every single thing that I'm used to seeing every day.

I was starting to miss Luna, too.

My eagerness started to build up as I turn left on the street that leads to our apartment building. I wouldn't have been this excited if I was allowed to call any three of them. I don't know what those three are planning but I have been banned from calling and texting them for as long as I'm with my family.

Eventually, I turn the wheel and spot an empty parking slot near a familiar car. My lips curve upwards when I park the car bedside Luna’s and get out.

Her car is her which means she's home. 

The smile on my face drops when I remember she rarely uses her car these days. I take my bag from the passenger’s seat and shut the door. There is no guarantee that She’ll be home.