44.

"You shouldn't be here...you were never supposed to be here!"

He digs his fingers into the skin around my throat. "Dad, p-please...l-let go of me."

"Never in my life have I hated someone so much the way I hate you." he hisses and I gasp for air. "Why do you even exist!? Why are you my own flesh and blood!? What did I even do to deserve you in my life!? Why are you so fucking miserable!?"

He tightens his grip around my throat more as I keep trying to push him away. But then the grip around my throat abruptly loosens when I see someone pulling him away from me. I cough out and gasp for air before looking up again and seeing my dad vanishing into the bright light. I stand up straight when I see a silhouette figure walking towards me from that same bright light. I let out a gasp when the figure comes closer to me and I recognise who it is.

"Harry..." I whisper and he stands in front of me with a worried frown on his face and his hands holding my face. "Did you...did you save me?"

"Yes, I did, Luna." a smile forms on my face when he caresses my face. "You're safe, I'm here. As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you, Rose."

I let the tears slide down and hug him closer to me. I bury my face into his chest as he strokes my back and head to calm me down. He shushes me as I let out a choked-up sob and I also feel him kissing the top of my head.

"Harry...Harry, I love you so much...I'm sorry I couldn't recognise you before b-but I know now! You are my star, H. I found my star again...I'll never leave you again."

"What are you saying!?" he snaps and pushes me away from him, making me gasp at the sudden movement. I look up and see him glaring at me with the deepest frown I've ever seen on him. "Luna Rose, We're friends! Stop crossing the fucking line!"

"Harry-"

"Shut up!" he backs away towards the light. "You know what, I don't want to be friends with you anymore, you're so fucking obsessed with me and it's so uncomfortable for me, don't you understand!" I shake my head and take a step forward but he takes one back. "You're suffocating me with your constant need for attention, okay? Now stay away from me, please and let me be!"

He turns around and steps into the bright light, leaving me behind. I take a step forward as I call his name but I get bumped into something invisible and I couldn't move further. I continuously call his name as I see him walking further into the brightness until he completely vanishes from my sight.

"Luna!"

"Luna, wake up!"

My eyes snap open and I gasp, I quickly sit up straight and back away towards the backrest. The cold sweat flows down from the side of my face as I try to collect myself.

"Luna," I look up when a familiar voice calls my name and then scoots closer to me on my bed. I watch as he holds both of my hands and looks up at me with concern laced in his features. "You're okay, you're safe. I'm here. It was just a nightmare."

I stay motionless when he pulls me into a hug and starts stroking my head and back. "It's okay, it's okay, I'm here. You're safe."

I blink my eyes and start to get comfortable with the hug but then I stop myself.

What if it comes true if I hug him back?

With a blink, I come back to my senses and push him away from me. I see his face switch to confusion when he comes face to face. "Go away."

"Luna..."

"I said go away, Styles." his face drops but I look away and remove the blanket from me. I wipe the sweat from the sleeves of my shirt and completely get out of the blanket. "Move, please."