48.

“Shit!”

I quickly pull my hand back from the hot container and turn around to get the glove from the refrigerator top. Once I put on the glove, I turn back and put the hot container filled with creamy white pasta with his favourite sweet corn into the small rectangular tiffin bag. I pick up the small plastic container of boiled corn with a sprinkle of chilli powder and salt before putting it beside the pasta and also drop the fork and spoon to the sides.

While I was sitting in that classroom, I heard them talking about going to the garage but I also heard Josh and Syd trying to convince Harry to eat something since he hasn't since last night. But he said he won't eat it because I didn't as well and honestly that made me cry for another five minutes. So as soon as they went away, I got out of the classroom and rushed home immediately to cook him lunch. I also have a good plan for telling him everything and I think that's the best plan I've ever thought of. Now I just hope it goes well and I'll be able to give him what he deserves the most.

I smile to myself as I take out the good old sticky notes which haven't been used for almost two months. With the help of the marker I write down the, ‘I've already eaten and you should too.’ on the note before sticking it on the pasta container and closing the cover of the bag. The note is kind of cold but I don't want him to know that I'm suddenly not mad at him anymore, he'll get suspicious and then he'll ask me questions but I won't be able to answer because I can't lie to him anymore. I just have to stretch this drama until tomorrow night.

So after I get all the lunch packed for him, I move out of the kitchen and head straight out of the door after grabbing my phone, keys, and wallet from the counter. After a 10-minute drive to Josh's house, I park my car in front of his house and get out of it. I take a deep breath and walk towards the garage, I wait outside for a moment to switch up into my upset mode before grabbing the handle and sliding the door open enough for me to peek inside.

As soon as the door opened, all eyes turn to me. I see Joshua and Sydney at the drums and Harry on the couch in the corner with the guitar and his diary in front of him. I take a step in and see all three of them glancing at each other simultaneously before standing up from their seats.

“Lou!” Syd quickly rushes in front of me and eyes me up and down before wrapping me into a sudden hug. “Hi.”

“Hello.” I pretend to be flustered by the sudden hug but luckily she backed away quickly and holds onto my arm. I look into her glossy eyes and I see nothing but an immense amount of empathy and love for me. But I blink and furrow my brows. “What? What happened?”

“Nothing.” she shakes her head before kissing me on the cheek. She quickly backs away and turns around. But then I look back and get hugged by Josh immediately. I smile to myself and close my eyes as I rest my head on his chest while he strokes my head, parting away with a peck onto my head.

“Are you okay?” I nod when he asks me while he grabs onto my shoulders. “Great.” he smiles softly at me. “How come you're here?”

“I came here for this.” I lift the bag in my hand before I glance at Harry over Josh’s shoulder. I step away, coming face to face with him, and see him looking down at the bag in my hand before looking back up at me. “For you.”

“What is it?” he asks.

I don't know why I have this strong urge to smile at him but I can't do that. So I take a breath and bite the inside of my cheek to press down the corner of my lip twitching up. “It's lunch. You haven't eaten anything since last night in case you forgot so I figured you'd be hungry.”

“I...uh- I already ate.” he stammers and frowns at me. “You don't have to care about me.”

I stared at him, pretending to get hurt but all I could focus on was how he couldn't hold my eyes longer than two seconds. But my brows shoot up and I hold my laugh when I hear an audible grumble from his stomach. I look up at him and see his eyes widen. I couldn't help but smirk and glance down at my feet before clearing my throat and looking back up with a neutral expression.