58.

Spoiler alert!
The songs :
1) The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
2) Story of My Life - One Direction
3) Stockholm Syndrome - One Direction

★ ★ ★

I didn't think the sitting area would be this big without the chairs, tables and other things but I think over a hundred people can easily stand in front of the small stage they've built with the instruments placed on it.

Because of the first-time public rehearsal of the band, there were many classes from our campus which were either postponed or cancelled so they can come and see the rehearsal and give feedback about it. So, after our class ended, Noah and I both were standing at the edge of the veranda of the first floor from where the stage was perfectly seen. A few minutes after the class timings were over, people started to gather around the edge of the veranda up to the third floor.

I tap my foot on the floor and wait for Noah to come back after meeting Brian so I can go and meet my three. Finally, I see him rushing towards the spot and quickly remove my bag from my shoulder, dropping it down on the floor next to his. I take a few steps forward in urgency and he stops in front of me, almost breathless.

"What took you so long?"

"Claire's friends were there too so I accidentally got lost in the conversation." Noah answers "You can go now but come back quickly they're getting ready."

"Okay, I'll be back- take care of our spot and our bags." he nods and I quickly turn away, rushing down the stairs and to the classroom where they all were getting ready. As I reached the room, I paused and calmed myself down before barging into the already cracked open door. All the eyes turn to me and I awkwardly smile at ms Cole and Professor Smith who was talking with the staff. But then I quickly catch the eyes of my three huddled up to my right, I see their faces visibly cheering up when walk towards them. "All the very best!"

Sydney rushes into my embrace without a word and I rub her back, reassuring her. After she backed away, I was hugged by Joshua to whom I did the same thing. Unfortunately, Ms Cole called their name so we had to part but I turn my full attention to Harry.

"Are you ready, H?" I ask him, taking his hands in mine. "This is the final step before you go to that palace theatre stage."

"I'll do it..." he nods and mumbles to himself. "I can do it. It's going to be fine." I nod and smile assuring him. "By the way, how many people are there?"

"It's getting full already," he gasps and his eyes widen. "It's okay, it's okay, don't panic. I'm also there on the 1st floor, diagonally to the stage."

"Wait, what?" he frowns. "Why are you on the first floor? You should be on the ground- in front of me!"

"No, I don't think so." he clicks his tongue in disappointment but I held onto his hand. "You need to perform with strangers right in front of you, it will give you more confidence. Also, this is your passion and if I stand on the ground, I'm sure you'll continuously look at me and that's not fair."

"Not fair?"

"As an artist- as a performer, at your first important event you should prioritize your audience other than your girlfriend." I shrug. "It's not me who's gonna be important in your success in the future, it's them. It's the people who are there to see you. So I think that you should make them your priority and entertain them, show them a fun time."

He scoffs, "That's stupid-"

"That's the truth, H." I smile and tap his cheek. He smirks and shakes his head. "All the best, lover!"