43.

“Harry, what do you like?”  I asked as we continue to paint our canvases. “Do you like taking pictures?”

“No, I’m not good at that,” he said while focusing on his blue sky. “But I like music and acting.”

“That's cool!” I looked at him. “I love taking pictures, I have never done it but it looks super fun. When I grow up, I want to take many pictures of people.”

“I want to be a rockstar!” he said excitedly with his fist in the air, making me giggle. “I want to be in a band.”

“You can do it, your voice is sweet.” I saw as he blushed and looked back down at his canvas. “You can be an actor too! I liked that Mickey Mouse performance yesterday.” I looked down at my canvas and dip my brush into the orange colour. “Harry, become both when you get older.”

“Both?”

“Yes!” I looked up with a grin. “You will shine like a star on the stage when you will sing and you will shine on TV when you will act!”

“A star?” he pouted. “I’m not a star.”

“Mum says that if someone makes you smile and makes you happy, is a star,” I smiled. “So you are mine. Because you are my best friend and playing with you makes me happy.”

I saw his cheeks getting red as he smiled at me. “That’s cute, Rose.”

“Why do you call me Rose?” I laughed. “My name is Luna.”

“Because Rose suits you more.”

“How?”

“Because Roses are so pretty to look at.” he genuinely smiled. “And you're pretty too.”

“Thanks, Harry.” I smiled.

For the next few minutes, we focused on our canvases before an idea popped into my head. With a sheepish smile on my face, I tear the perfect rectangular piece of paper from my drawing book and grabbed the thinner brush from my collection before dipping it into black colour. I put my arm around the paper, hiding it from Harry, and drew a perfect star on the paper. I pull my arms closer when he craned his neck to look at the star, but after I was done, I place the brush down on the palette and grab the pencil from beside and write down a note under the star.

‘You are my star.’ 

I smiled to myself as I reread the note and put a smiley face in front of it. I quickly blow air on the star to dry it out and remove my hand from around. I smoked at it and picked it up before stretching it towards him. “Here, a gift from me.”

He took the paper from my hand and glanced down at it. My smile broadened when he grinned and gave me a nod. But my brows furrowed when he stood up and took the brush I used to draw the star before he sat down and dips the brush into black colour.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Filling the star, it would look more pretty.” I smiled. “That star is perfect, I can't draw like this.”

“I can't draw a heart and you can't draw stars,” I laugh. “That's amazing.”

“But I also can't draw a rose,” his face was saddened and he looked up. “And this place also doesn't have it. I wanted to give you one, I’m sorry.”

“It's okay,” I said. “You can learn to draw in a month or give it to me when we meet before school starts.”

“Okay!” he nodded enthusiastically. “I will give you a rose when we meet.”