Chapter 8: Can't Go Home Easily

Mark just gave me his phone number?!?! you just stared at the piece of paper in disbelief for a few seconds. "Eh hum" Mark cleared his throat. He had not left. "Hum?" you finally looked up at him. "How am I going to know that it's you calling me?" He said. "Oh" you said, pulling out another piece of paper from your purse and wrote down your number. You saw someone hopping up and down in the crowd. You chuckled nervously as you handed the paper to Mark. "Thank you y/n" he smiled warmly as you hugged your white hoodie with am M and a pink mustache. I always wanted one of these. you thought. Mark was back at his seat now, but standing up. You smiled at him as he said "Did everyone get everything they wanted signed?" Everyone cheered in agreement. "Great! Thank you all for coming down to see us! And thank you so much for coming up here with us y/n!" Once again, the audience cheered. This time, it was directed towards you and you blushed.

~Le Time Eskeepe~Once everyone had gone, only Bob, Wade, Mark, and you were left."We better get a move on" Wade said. They began to pack up their stuff. Since it had broadcasted to sleet today, you put on your new hoodie. It fit perfectly and was nice and warm. You then got your purse and put it over your shoulder. You were just about to head out when Mark called out, "See you later y/n!" You turned around to see all three men waving at you. You smiled nervously and waved back at them as you exited through the door. You walked out the front door, a smile on your face as you remembered the events that occurred today. You checked the time: 1:00pm. 'Gasp' "Oh no! I'm late for the bus ride home!" you said out loud in a panic. You dashed to the bus stop. Please still be there your head pleaded. You were still running for the bus stop and saw that it was still there. Just as you were about to slow down and take a break, it started to leave. "No stop please!" you panted, extending your dominant arm out as you chased after it. It was too late. The bus took off, leaving you breathless in the dust. You bent over as you caught your breath. The next bus will not come for another hour. "Ok then. *pant* I'll just *pant* call Mom tp *pant* come and pick *pant* me up." Once you started to breath normally, you pulled out your phone and scrolled through your contacts. When you found Mom, you selected her but it went straight to voicemail. "Oh no her phone is off." No one else you knew had a car. You sat on the bench and sighed "It could be worse." At that moment, it started to sleet. "Oh perfect job, me! You know that this is what happens every time someone says that!" You pulled your hood up " I have to find someone to drive me home. Its far too cold to walk or wait for an hour." you growned. "But who should I call." Mark, call Mark you heard a voice say in your head. "Huh? the note that had his number did say to call him anytime. I just don't want to catch him at a bad time." Bad time? You're the one who is stuck in the sleet with no way home! it continued. "Right!" you said as dialed his number. "Hello?" a deep voice answered. "Uh, Mark? It's y/n. Could you please give me a ride?"