Chapter 22: Coming To

Back to your perspective

m/l=middle name

l/n=last name

You groan as your vision returns. For a few seconds, you could not recall the events that happened before you blacked out. Aware that the back of your head feels weird, you move your hand to rub it. As soon as there was contact, a stinging sensation started up. You quickly pull your hand back. Immediately, you remembered everything and panic. You were still dazed and didn't know your surroundings and you wanted to scream because you thought that you were tied down at your family's mansion. The thing that stopped you was the fast beeps of a heart monitor to your right. Still afraid, you quickly looked around your room. It was just a regular public hospital with no threat at all. You hear the beeps slow down as you sigh with relief. However, though you were in a safe environment now, you couldn't stop thinking about c/n. She... she tried to... kidnap me you think to yourself I can't see it being any other way. Why would she do that? How did she find me? Panic returned but it wasn't because you were almost kidnapped. Is f/n alright?! If c/n had only tried to hurt f/n and nothing else, you would have wanted to track her down and fight her like there was no tomorrow. Yet, you saw how strong she was and you knew now that she wanted you. It wouldn't matter if f/n was there or not. It terrified you that you would not be able to fight c/n, meaning that you were helpless to defined you, let alone the friend that she, and your family, hates. You cover your face with your hands and try not to cry. How the heck did we get away? you search your mind for answers. "Excuse me miss?" you look up to see a nurse coming in with a clipboard, "Will you tell me your name?" You came back to reality. Seeing her calmed you down a little bit. "Oh ok. My name is y/n, m/n l/n." you say trying to not to seem like you were a little disturbed. She quickly wrote it down. "Thank you miss l/n." She walked towards the door. At the last second, you tried to get her attention. "Nurse?" you say, sounding a little panicked. "Yes ma'am?" she asked, giving you her full attention. You struggled not shout in panic, "How did I get here? One of my friends was hurt but I blacked out. Is she ok? I-" the nurse interrupted you. "Miss l/n. Everything's fine. Your friend is healing well and you were brought here by her and a man." You were a little confused because there was no man with you when you went shopping. However, you remembered that, just before you passed out, you saw someone. Maybe they were the ones who save you. "If you're wondering, he's waiting outside for you. I can let him in if you want." the nurse suggested "Yes I want him in." you say in a relieved, yet a little hurried, sort of way. Whoever this person was, he saved both you and f/n. Without him, f/n might be in critical condition and you would have definitely have been taken away. Seconds later, you heard footsteps coming towards your room, followed figure coming inside. When you saw Mark, you stared in awe.