Chapter 9: A Quiet Ride Home

Dang, I'm so nervous, your mind echoed. "A ride?" the phone asked. "Uh, yes. I missed the last bus and another one will not come for another hour." "Oh, I see. Where are you?" his voice was making you feel a little more comfortable. "I'm at the bus bench, near the school. "What? You're outside?!" his voice switched from comforting to concerned. "Its sleeting outside." "I know," you said in a depressed tone, "I'm sitting in it." "I'll be right there." He hung up the phone and you put yours away. Mark is really going to give me a ride home? you thought, trying to believe it. You sneezed. As you wiped your nose with your sleeve, you saw a car pull up in front of you. Mark. a smile appeared on your face as he got out of the car. "Are you ok" he asked concerned. "Yes. Thanks for coming" " No problem. Please take a seat." He opened the door for you. Markiplier opened a door for me? Thats amazing! might have been what you thought if you were feeling 100% fine. Once in the car, Mark gently closed the door and you put your hood down. You crossed your arms to keep warm as you examined his car. It had a pleasant smell, was very warm and well kept. Mark then entered the car. You were seated in the back seat, opposite side of the drivers seat. "So where do you live, y/n?" You tell him your address. "It should take about 10 minutes by car" you quietly added. "That would have been a long walk home. I'm glad you called me" Mark replied warmly. For some reason, you felt a little bit better, but a little bit nervous at the same time. "You want to listen to some music?" "Oh, ok, sure." He turned on the radio and it started to play your favorite song. You would have normally jammed out to it but you didn't feel like your normal self and you had Markiplier in your presence. You sneezed again. "Bless you." Mark responded. " *sniff* Thanks" you quietly said. "You aren't coming down with something, are you?" he looked at you through his rearview mirror."*sniff* I don't know. I mean *sniff*, I wasn't outside for very long" You were then afraid of the possibility of mucus leaking from your nose. "Do you want a tissue?" Mark asked, seeing that you were sniffing a lot. "S-sure" you shivered. You were definitely coming down with something. Mark handed you a box of tissues at the next red light. You took three, two of which you put gently in your hoodie pocket. As you blew your nose, you turned away from Mark. Great now I'm blowing my nose in the same car as my hero. This is embarrassing! You, at that moment, started to feel drowsy. He seemed to notice. "You ok back there y/n" you wanted to answer, but found yourself drifting off into a small nap. "Y/n"  Mark turned to face you at another red light. He saw you peacefully asleep with your head against the window and hands, in fists, on your knees.  You woke up to the sound of Mark opening your door. Still feeling a little drunk with sleep, Mark extended his hand for you to take a hold of. You hesitated at first,[you were a little nervous] but soon took hold of it. It was big, compared to yours, but it was the most softest thing you have ever touched. He walked you up the your apartment door. "just call me if you need me again, ok y/n" "Ok" you said "Thanks" He watched you enter the house before he left. You set your purse on the ground, crawled into your bed and then fell asleep.