I did love you-Villain!Deimos x Reader (angst)

You hurried up to the rooftop. The escape helicopter would be waiting there for you. But as you threw open the door, you saw the last person you wanted to see.

Deimos.

You stiffened at the sight of your ex-lover. He smirked at you.
"Ah.....Y/N, exactly who I've been wanting to see..." he said.
"What the fuck do you want, traitor?" You snapped.
"Woah, chill out babe, I just wanted to have a little conversation" he said.
"Don't call me that" you glared at him. "I'm not your partner anymore Deimos, so don't treat me like you love me".
"Oh but I did love you dear, I just loved the agency a bit more" Deimos said.
You scoffed "you're pathetic Deimos, your work over your lover? You really are just selfish".
"I'm not" you noticed that the tone in his voice had changed, he was sounded like he was getting frustrated. "I did love you Y/N, but this world......it's imperfect, and I have to make it good again".
You laughed "and being a warlord is going to help? You lost your shit ages ago Deimos, don't try to come crawling back and acting like you still love me".
"I do still love you, I just fucking told you that, but you've pledged allegiance to the wrong side" Deimos growled.
"You're the one who's pledged allegiance to the wrong side! You're helping Auditor!" You yelled.
"You don't fucking get it, do you?" Deimos said. "You don't understand why I'm doing this love".
"I said. Don't call me pet names" you snarled.
"And I do get why you're doing this, it's because you're a little selfish bastard, Sanford would never-"
"THIS ISNT ABOUT SANFORD!" Deimos yelled.
"This is about us! You and me! Not him! Us!"
You stood there in shock. You couldn't believe it. Deimos had never yelled at you before, he had always been patient and loving with you.
"You don't fucking get it Y/N, I love you, I love you with all my heart, but I just- I can't-" Deimos turned away as tears started to fall down his face. You were in shock. Deimos never ever cried.
"Oh look, your friends are here to pick you up" Deimos snapped at you, still crying. "Why don't you go run off to your wonderful friend Sanford, huh?"
"Deimos-" You stared to talk but he cut you off.
"Don't act like you care, don't act like you don't hate me, I-I guess we could never work out..."
Deimos turned and walked away. You just stood there, you didn't know what to do or say. You had never seen Deimos like this before.
You heard the sound of helicopter blades and watched as the escape chopper descended on you. But on the ride home, the only thing you could think about was Deimos's words.
"I love you, I love you with all my heart but I just-I can't-"
You had to get to the bottom of this.