Fascination-Deimos x Chubby!Mermaid!Reader

Requested by @toastbur

You lay down at the bottom of your tank. You were tired, constant tests were exhausting. But that didn't last long.

Gunshots filled the building. You sat up in panic, what was happening?! You saw agents rushing towards the sound. You swam around in panic, wondering what was happening.

You didn't have to wait long.

Three people burst into the room. One was dressed in all black, with red goggles. The second had no shirt on and was very muscular. And the third was wearing a grey visor and jacket.

They looked around before looking at your tank. You pressed yourself to the bottom of the tank, hoping they didn't see you. Too late, they walked over to you and looked right at you.
"The hell is that?!" One of them cried.
"I don't know, but it's probably dangerous, we should take it with us" another one said.
"Hank, are you insane?! Who knows what that thing could do!!"
"And that's why we're taking it with us! We don't know what it can do, and if it is dangerous, the AAHW is definitely going to use it against us, so shut up and give me a hand"

You tried to struggle against them, but it was no use, they simply carried you out of the building and into their car.
"Hank, it looks like its gonna die on us" the visor man said.
"Good, then we don't have to worry about it" Hank replied.
It was true, you needed water to survive, or else you would dry up and die. You silently prayed that you would get to wherever you were going quick enough.

Luckily, you did manage to get to their base fast enough. They dumped you into yet another tank, exactly the same as your old one, but a bit smaller.
Great, you were kinda looking forward to getting out of there, but these guys were gonna treat you exact same way that the scientists treated you.

When they left, you pressed your ear up against the wall to try and hear what they were saying.
"So, what now, oh glorious leader?" one of them asked.
"We just keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't get out, make sure the agency doesn't try to take it back".
"Get out?! How the hell is that thing gonna get out?!"  A voice laughed.
"I could ask the same thing about how the agency didn't kill you for being defective Deimos" Hank snapped.
There was a crash, and then yelling.
"Woah! Woah! Calm down you two!" another voice cried. There was a few more thuds and then the guy with the visor was shoved into the room.
"I'm gonna kick your ass Hank!" He yelled.
Hank was swearing as the door was shut, leaving you in the room with Deimos.
He was muttering and swearing and he leaned against the tank and pulled out a cigarette. He put the thing in his mouth and lit it, after a moment, he exhaled a cloud of smoke.

You swam towards him and tapped on the glass. He jumped and turned around, startled.
You gave him a small smile and he just looked back at you, annoyed.
You pointed at the top of the tank and swam up towards it.
"....hey, you good?" You said, looking down at him.
"I'm fine, it's just the usual, why do you care?" Deimos said.
"I'm just wondering if you're okay" you said.
A moment of silence, you decided to slip back into the water.
"Hanks a fucking asshole" Deimos muttered.
You felt kinda bad for him, maybe you should give him something........
You didn't have any personal belongings of your own, being an experiment and all, but maybe you could chuck him a rock from your tank?
And that's exactly what you did. Deimos jumped in fright when it landed beside him. It wasn't very big, about the size of your thumb. Deimos picked it up and looked at it, he then looked at you. You gave him a kind smile and he looked away again.

That smile.......damnit, he wasn't falling for some random ass experiment now, was he?! But he was fascinated by you. He could barely bring himself to admit it, but you looked.......beautiful. Your body, your hair, and of course that god damn smile.
He huffed as he turned the stone over in his palm.

Hank better not find out or you're both as good as dead.

Author's Note:while writing this my motivation went 📉📉 so that's why it's probably shit