Protective-Deimos x Wife!Reader

Author's Note:Yeah the reader in this is female lol

Requested by @jisungass

Ever since you two got together, Deimos had always been a little protective of you. Because yknow, it's fucking Nevada, but just once, just once, he let his guard down.

And he paid dearly for it.

The medics rushed you through the base on a gurney, Deimos sprinting along behind them. In all of the years you'd know him for, you had never seen him like this, ever. He looked panicked and terrified, far from the usual happy personality he usually kept up. He was probably beating himself up for letting you fall into the agency's hands, for not saving you before you got tortured.
The crowd burst into Doc's room and in no time you had been transferred onto the surgery table. The medics literally had to drag Deimos out of the room.

~~time skip to after you got fixed up because fucking lazy~~

When Deimos was allowed in, he ran to your side like you were going to vanish if he didn't get there quick enough. The next few minutes consisted of Deimos rambling on about how stupid he was and how sorry he was. Every time you tried to interrupt, he cut you off. Finally, you made him stop talking and look at you.
"Deimos" you said. He looked so damn guilty, you would've thought he was the one that tortured you.
"Deimos, baby, it's not your fault, it was never your fault" you said.
"But-" you continued to speak before he started to ramble again. "It's not your fault Deimos, nothing you could do would make me hate you. We've been together for 5 years!" You cried. "I'm not mad, honey"
Deimos was silent for a moment, and then he pulled you into his arms, carefully so he didn't disturb your freshly bandaged wounds.
"I'm just glad to have you back" he said.

Later in the night, Deimos had been given instructions to take care of you while Doc was working on some other things. He'd taken you up to your room and made you nice and comfy.
"Hey babe, I made you a bath" he said, sticking his head into the room.
You stood up and limped over to the bathroom, with Deimos helping you. You took off your clothes and gently slid into the warm water. Deimos copied you and soon you two were cuddling in the bath.

After a moment of silence, Deimos spoke "I've been thinking about our future"
"I.....want kids, but if you don't want to, that's fine with me" he said.
"Deimos" you looked him in the eyes "of course I'll have your kids".
"Then let's start making them~" he whispered, quickly followed by "I'm joking babe, don't get all mad at me"
You ruffled his hair and kissed him on the cheek "good to see you feeling better" you said.
Deimos kissed you back and you both went back to cuddling in silence.

When the time comes, he'll protect his kids, just like he protects you.