17 : Friends.

─────── ⋆⋅🎨⋅⋆ ───────

"And then, he said that he couldn't stop thinking about me and.. We kinda.. Got back together ?"

The group of girls let out a common groan, but Mira's mind was elsewhere.

She liked her group of friends, really, but sometimes they were annoying, which is exactly why they didn't know anything about her little side 'job', or her new sneaky link.

She knew they'd either be extremely, overly supportive or judgmental, there was no in between. And the last thing Mira needed was that, especially since the advice they'd provide would have no effect on her lover boy.

The group was composed of four girls.

Mira Ackerman, Ava Smith, Aaliyah Davis and Moon Kim.

Mira has known Aaliyah for a while, and being the extrovert she was, Aaliyah invited Ava to go to the club one time with them, and Ava invited Moon.

They bonded pretty quickly, and though Mira loved her friends, she couldn't help but think that sometimes they were annoying, just like Ava right now who just announced she got back with her ex.

If each of them had to be described, Aaliyah was the maneater who was also a picky eater, Moon was pretty intimidating at first but very chill and actually sensitive and Ava was the weakest link.

The weakest of the weakest.

She had been on and off with her toxic boyfriend for a while, and she was always the one to end it too.

It was tiring to hear 'it's the last time, he'll never get me again', only for them to get back together a few days later.

"I'm sick and tired of you, you could do so much better." Aaliyah said, rolling her eyes.

"I really want to slam your face on the table right now." Moon sighed.

Mira stayed quiet.

She only had one person in her mind, who she hadn't mentioned to them.

She loved her friends, but if they knew all the details, they might try to take Taehyung from her and with his current hormonal state, he'd probably go along.

Especially since he didn't promise anything to her.

So as of now, he'll stay her little secret.

"Mira, you good ?"

She took a deep breath, turning to Moon who just spoke.

"Yeah I was just.. Thinking." She answered with a small smile before turning Ava. "About how I should chop you into pieces."

"But he-"

"Has been playing you for two years straight Ava, and believe me, I won't be here to put you back into pieces when he'll do you dirty again." She cut her friend off. "Enough is enough, I have my own shit to handle."

There was a small silence at the table after Mira said that, Moon looking around awkwardly as Aaliyah sipped on her drink, Ava playing with her fingers.

Mira just voiced out their thoughts, except she was unfiltered, as always.

The brutally honest friend, that's who Mira was.

Whether it was pretty or not, she'll always tell the truth.

And indeed, it was one thing to be a supportive friend, but a complete other to leave a piece of mental health every time they tried to cheer up them up, only to see that it was for nothing at the end.

They were all tired, but trying their best.

But this time, Mira had enough.

No matter if she constantly got rejected by her secret 'lover', she knew what she put herself through and would never go cry about it and drain the life out of someone for the consequences of her own actions.

Thankfully, her phone rang, cutting the awkward moment.

It was front against the table so she turned it around, freezing as her little secret's ID showed up.

She tried her best to keep her cool.

If she didn't answer, they'd ask questions.

If she answered too quick, it'd be suspicious.

So she calmly picked up, relaxing in her chair.

"Hi dad, I'm with friends right now." She said, hoping he'd get it.

"Out of all the things, dad ? Mira that's disgusting." Taehyung answered, sounding absolutely repulsed. "Plus what the fuck are you pretending with your friends ?.. And you actually have friends ?"

"Did you need anything ?" She asked, twirling her straw in her drink, trying to not sound irritated.

She felt absolutely insulted that Taehyung out of all people had the audacity to be surprised that she had friends.

The same guy who was an absolute menace to society.

"Yeah, come over."

"For what ?" She asked, not knowing what to expect now.

Hanging out ? Posing ? Fucking ?

So many possibilities now..

"Because your father asked you to come ?" He answered, trying to repulse her back and succeeding, her face slightly scrunching as he said that.

And the entertaining part was that she couldn't bluntly answer, since apparently she was out with friends.

"Sure.. I'll be there in ten, I'm not too far." She answered, trying to not sound too irritated.

"Perfect."

She hung up then and turned to her friends with an apologetic look.

"Dad needs me sorry, I have to go." She said, gathering her belongings.

"The dilf is in town ?" Aaliyah asked, chuckling.

"Stop calling him a dilf, it's gross." Mira sighed.

"Okay, I reformulate my question, daddy's in-"

"Shut the fuck up, lord."

She only laughed, watching their friend standing up.

"Tell daddy I said hello." Aaliyah said, only to be ignored.

That made her laugh again.

Aaliyah and Mira had been friends since middle school.

Their personalities were similar on many points, which only caused them to match, especially since back then they were both apart of the 'weird' bunch.

They glow up together in high school, and though they attracted the same type of guys, they never had problems over it as their types were light years away.

Aaliyah liked simps, clingy guys and Mira, well.. She liked Taehyung, that said a lot.

"Bye guys, and Ava.. Please, get your shit together."

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.