29 : Connection.

─────── ⋆⋅🎨⋅⋆ ───────

"Well shit.."

Mira sighed, hands holding the blanket around her tight.

Tonight again, Taehyung was sleeping over as she didn't trust him alone in his house in this state, and either ways, he passed out soon after they moved to the bed.

So she invited over Aaliyah, for comfort.

"You don't have to torture yourself over that Mira, you didn't know.."

"Yeah but still, I feel like shit." She answered, staring at the coffee table. "Like.. We're not even together and I lost a friend over him."

"Oh come on ! You didn't know it was her brother and even if you did, so what ? It's not like it's her ex and most importantly, she had no right to bring up your past." Aaliyah scoffed.

She tried to be calm and supportive at first, but Moon's behavior didn't sit right with her.

It was emotional incest at its finest.

Mira told her everything about her and Taehyung, every single detail, feeling a weight lift off of her shoulders and Aaliyah knew that the way they were was almost better than dating each other.

The emotional connection was strong.

"She's the one to talk when she never showed her brother, like, he's a fine ass dude and it's a small world, what the fuck did she expect ?"

"I-"

"Babes, no." Aaliyah cut her off, knowing Mira would blame herself again. "You did nothing wrong, and you're stronger than me because I wouldn't have kicked her out but beat her ass because how are you gonna talk about irrelevant shit in front of my man ? Yeah I suck your brother's dick and he fucks me good too, cry about it."

The last part of her speech successfully made Mira laugh, bringing a smile to Aaliyah's face.

She hated seeing Mira sad, because it meant she blamed herself for everything that may have happened, overthinking was on the table too.

"No but seriously, it's not your fault, Moon was fucking weird about it.. And if Ava decides to side with her, then it'll be just the two of us, just like it was four years ago." Aaliyah added.

Mira hummed, getting comfortable on the couch.

Words couldn't describe how grateful she was to have this girl in her life.

The two girls turned to the hallway in synch as sounds of footsteps were heard, Taehyung soon making an entrance in the living room, the blanket tightly wrapped around him.

Aaliyah's brows raised as she slowly turned to Mira, her face clearly saying 'damn'.

"You good now ?" Mira asked him.

"I should ask you that."

"You two have an awful manner to just forget there're people around you when you have a conversation." Aaliyah said with a sigh.

"I said five words, how is that a conversation ?" Taehyung answered her with a deadpan.

Aaliyah scoffed, slowly closing her eyes to take a deep breath.

Mira warned her about Taehyung being borderline rude, and knowing the position her best friend was in, Aaliyah decided to keep her thoughts to herself as of now.

The last thing she'd need is her best friend and love interest fighting.

"I'm good Tae.. Are you still high ?" She asked, mostly referring to the reason why he was wrapped in the blanket like a burrito.