28 : Confrontation.

─────── ⋆⋅🎨⋅⋆ ───────

Mira Ackerman and Kim Moon were fairly close.

As said before, the two met through friends of friends at a club, about four years ago.

In some points, they were awfully similar, which brought them closer and made it click.

Their friend group was clearly divided as Aaliyah and Mira went way back, same went for Moon and Ava, however, they were all still pretty close.

"Explain." Moon spoke up, sitting on the single couch.

When Mira heard that Taehyung's last name was 'Kim', she didn't think much of it.

For all she knew, a bunch of asian people were named Kim, plus, the two of them didn't look alike at all.

So of course, she would've never imagined that she was working -and fucking- with one of her closest friend's brother.

"Moon I swear I didn't know." Mira explained, trying to push Taehyung off of her.

New data about high Taehyung : Clinginess.

Ever since Moon arrived, he was all over Mira and glaring at Moon, possessive even though there was no need to.

"Of course you didn't.. My problem is the way you seem to be all up in people's business but we don't know anything about you.. Are you dating my brother ?" Moon asked, almost repulsed.

"N-"

"Yes ! She's mine, back off !" Taehyung jumped in the conversation.

Mira stayed silent but shook her head in a way he couldn't see, or she wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Oookay.." Moon breathed out. "What is he on ?"

"Space cake." Mira answered.

The asian girl sighed, soon regaining her composure as she looked at her friend.

"If you want me to be honest, I don't approve of this.. I don't know what's the history between you two, but I know you Mira, and even though you're my friend, I don't think you're good for my brother, he deserves more than you."

The words completely shocked Mira, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Excuse me ?" She scoffed.

"Don't start to get all sassy with me, you don't date, you hook up and leave before they catch feelings and that's not something I want for my brother, especially seeing how attached he seemed to you.. So stop this, right now." Moon continued. "I think.. No, I know that my brother deserves more than a snake who thinks she's the world's therapist."

Mira scoffed loudly again, tongue pocking her cheek as she looked around the room in disbelief.

She was already on the edge because of the way she cockblocked herself, but Moon saying all of that stuff was clearly cherry on top.

"You know what, get out of my apartment." She finally decided to say.

Having to handle Taehyung out of his mind was already something, and she didn't think she owed anything to Moon.

She never knew Taehyung was her brother to start with, if she did, she wouldn't have even looked his way.

But on top of that having Moon say things like this was just hurtful, especially since Mira had grown out of the 'hit and run' phase long ago, and she had every right to stay private.

Moon was proving her that she was right to keep her business secret.

Moon knew nothing about their relationship, and though she wanted to protect her brother, she had no right to say these things.

"Okay Mira, Taehyung, let's go." Moon said, standing up.

He didn't budge at all, if anything, he snuggled up against Mira more.

Moon sighed, pushing her hair back in frustration.

"Taehyung, you need to get home-"

"I don't need you to take care of me, 'm fine." He answered.

Moon scoffed at that, looking at the two of them for a little longer before making her way to the door.

"Don't fucking call for me when this shit will blow up in your face, both of you."

A silence lingered after the door closed, Mira's lower lip tucking behind her teeth.

She felt bad.

Sure Moon hasn't been her friend for as long as Aaliyah or Eren, but she was still her friend.

And once Moon felt threatened or unwelcomed by someone, she never came back.

Mira just lost a friend.

Taehyung noticed her mood change and wrapped his arms around her, tight.

But though it came from a good place, it didn't make Mira feel better, because questions kept popping in her head.

Would he have done that if he was sober ?

Most likely not.

Taehyung was far from sober, so everything he said or did didn't feel genuine no matter if it came from a good intention.

She sighed, turning to him.

"You look sleepy, let's go to bed now." She said in a calm tone, her voice low.

If her voice came out any louder, she was gonna cry, she knew it.

This time he didn't fight her at all, following her and clinging on her hand, holding it tightly in his and giving light squeezes.

Not a word was spoken surprisingly, Taehyung hopping under the covers.

She sat next to him, her back against the headboard as she stroked his hair mindlessly, watching over him and deciding that she'll cry once he'll be knocked out.

He moved his head to her thighs before closing his eyes, wrapping his arms around her.

That was unexpected but she didn't speak up either, her throat burning more than ever, tears threatening to spill if she even spoke a word.

Her index outlined each one of his features before her hand buried in his hair again, gently massaging his scalp.

She could feel herself feeling sleepy too, his body warmth wrapping her like a warm blanket.

Something about his presence relaxed her.

But the next words he pronounced made a few tears escape her eyes.

"'m not leaving you Mimi.."

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.