24 : The Prodigal Son.

─────── ⋆⋅🎨⋅⋆ ───────

"Thank you for the ride.. I'll get going now."

Taehyung hummed in response, feeling Mira cup his jaw to peck his lips before hopping out of the car.

He stayed there, watching her walk into her building, waving at him before disappearing behind the lobby's door.

If he was honest, he was quite nervous.

After she texted him that she was home safely he drove off, destination his family home.

Taehyung didn't feel anxiety a lot in his life, to be honest, Mira was right about one thing.

He ran away constantly.

When he couldn't figure out something, when he felt overwhelmed, when he had problems he didnt know how to solve, his first reflex was to run away.

And that's exactly what he did a few years back, running away from the luxurious family home.

Of course, with how much money they had, they found him quickly, but still let him be, tired of the eldest son's shenanigans.

The son they couldn't groom into the perfect heir.

The one with crazy ideologies.

The one with a perverted mind.

The talented one who wasted every ounce of it.

So when his father approached him a week ago, telling him that he wanted to see his art, everything he had been running away from just came back to him even faster.

And despite how he acted towards her, he knew Mira was one of the reason he was able to sleep peacefully, or at least relax a little.

He knew she meant a lot to him.

But defining their relationship or what he clearly felt for her was at the bottom of his problems right now.

Meeting his father-client was a bigger concern for him.

He felt a pang in his chest when he reached the family home, parking his car in the driveway.

"You can do it Taehyung.. You can do it.." He tried to calm himself down, letting out a breath as he held his steering wheel tightly, trying to calm his anxiety.

He was scared of his father's reaction, how things could possibly turn out.

The last time his father saw one of his son's works, he completely destroyed the canvas while yelling degrading things, so of course, he was extremely nervous.

It took a little more self-pep talk for him to gather courage and get out of the car, grabbing the canvas in his trunk before walking towards the front door, hands shaking as he rang the bell.

The door opened without much wait on his mother, a smile coating her face at the sight of the son she hasn't seen in a while.

"Taehyung.."

"Hi mom.." He answered, a small smile on his lips.

They talked over the phone quite often, but it has been a while face to face.

"I'm glad you're healthy." She said before looking down at the canvas in his hands. "Can you show me ?"

He nodded, holding the painting properly to show his mother, her lips parting as her brows raised.

".. It's beautiful Taehyung, you've really gotten better." She said, amazed. "I think it'll look good absolutely amazing in the living room."