ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ ⁱ

"How is your dragon? Is he liking his stay here?" The man asked as he watches Yvel close the door of the dragon's room.

He was about to come in and bring Yvel's requested new sets of wardrobe for Kitsch but saw her walking out of the room.

"Oh. Salem. Yes. He's good" Yvel said as she smiled. Her eyes landing at the wardrobe that the two moonmaiden were holding.

"Oh. Is that the clothes I asked?" Yvel asked and they nodded.

She walked closer and examined the clothes.

"They're too long. And lacy. Make sure that the hems reach below his knee but not too close to his ankle. And remove all the lace and fluffy things. He will assume they're a cotton candy or something edible. He might eat them." She said and lightly laughed remembering how Kitsch aggressively nibbled on his clothes the first day in his human form.

The maidens nodded their head first before leaving with the clothes.

"We haven't been able to properly meet the young dragon. Will we ever get the chance to get to know him? It seems to me that you won't be leaving immediately." Salem said in a wary tone and Yvel hummed as she nods.

"We'll be staying for a while. Just until Samuel summons us once he knows what our next mission will be."

"Kitsch is still hyperactive. Just give me a few days to make him behave. I don't want him surprising everyone because he's too energetic." She said and Salem nodded before excusing himself.

Yvel left just to take a warm bath. The two just came back after watching the sunset from Mars. Kitsch fell asleep almost immediately when his back crashed with the soft mattress of his bed.
While he's asleep. Yvel decided to clean up first and maybe think.

Kitsch grows more curious by day. But there's also a part of him that is somewhat rebellious and Yvel can completely sense it.
Especially after Samuel's vision.
Kitsch was very upset to say the least and Yvel was devastated because she felt like she failed him. She could see how her dragon wanted to protect her so much because of that. But it frustrates him that he still can't express himself in words or actions. That's why he ran away.

After the others brought him back. There are times that it was a bit tense between them. Because she would feel how Kitsch slowly drowns in his thoughts until he falls asleep from overthinking. She can clearly hear all his thoughts too because their minds are connected. And she really feels terrible because she couldn't do anything.

How can I comfort him?
He doesn't even talk to me about it.

And that's also one of the dragon's problem. He doesn't share his thoughts to others because he's still not ready and young minded.
He always smile at everyone as if nothing's happening in the back of his mind. And Yvel is completely aware of the result of those acts.

Yvel's thoughts wandered off thinking of how to make Kitsch feel better. Eventually. She fell asleep with also the help of her warm bath.

She found herself in a reality-like dream. But it looked too impossible to be true.

She was walking on a red carpet with Blue. The hallway they're walking were dark and the walls are made of bricks, painted with dust and webs because of time passing it.

Both of them were wearing a black outfit and a black veil on their heads. Blue was holding a red rose with a rosary made of diamonds wrapped around his left hand.
When Yvel observed him. She saw the tears that streamed from his eyes. And those orbs, held nothing more but regret and pain.

She looked ahead and the scene suddenly changed at the sudden open of a door out of nowhere.
A light nearly blinded her eyes and when it subsided.
She is now sitting on clouds. And familiar fits of giggles were everywhere, including the sound of wings that's probably imprinted in her mind for forever.

Seconds later, the giggles turned into a loud screech that terrified the moon goddess. She stood up and hastily looked around but the next step she made, the clouds betrayed her foot and she fell down from a tall height.

When she looked to her left. She watched in horror at how her dragon was shot with a building-long arrow. Piercing through his neck and his chest.
The dragon's blood rained down the dried land and it turned the land to a sea of blood. The dragon crashed on the sea of his own flesh and Yvel fell soon after.

She screamed his name as she reached the surface. Swimming towards the huge corpse that laid lifeless like a mountain in the middle of the blood sea.

But when she reached him, everything suddenly changed just like that. She's already standing on top of a mountain in front of a magnificent view.
She turned around and saw Kitsch standing in front of her. He was wearing a white dress with gold touches all over him. He had a flower crown on his beatiful blond hair. And there were gold paints on the apple of his cheeks.

"Are you okay?" He asked with the most gentlest tone and Yvel nearly melt.

He just looked the most gorgeous of all creations like now. And it was somehow making her feel things.

"What's happening?" Yvel asked.

Kitsch only smiled and revealed a red rose. His right hand is also wrapped with the same rosary from Blue.

When Yvel reached to accept the rose, the moment her fingers touched its petals, everything went completely black and she started hearing Kitsch crying with sheer pain.

Yvel panicked but there's nothing she can do but just listen and watch the nothingness on her face.

It sounded like someone is trying to hurt Kitsch the way how he's screaming to make 'it' stop.

"I'll choose you."

A toneless voice suddenly snapped Yvel from her nightmare and she gasped for air as if someone had drowned her on her bath.
She looked around as reflex but there's no one there. However, something seemed more different.

There was a very sweet and alluring scent that lingers in her huge bathroom.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.