sᴘᴇʟʟ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ

"Why are we even putting efforts of walking when we can just wait! We're just gonna keep getting lost!" Rhian complains for the nth time and Blue finally lost count of how many times he rolled his eyes.

They've been walking for hours to hunt for their meal. But she wouldn't stop complaining how everything's not working.

"Alright! We'll stop!" Blue yells and turned to the vampire with a glare.

Rhian giggles while fluttering her eyes. Pouting cutely at her grumpy boyfriend.

"Oh come on! A short rest wouldn't hurt!" She says and pulled him to sit on the ground with her.

"Stop joking with me! You don't even rest. You just want to fu** me senseless again." Blue scoffs and Rhian laughed out loud in response.

"You're assuming it! But I don't have a problem with that though! You wouldn't let me after we did it two weeks ago!" She says while clinging onto his arms like a koala.

"I don't know how you can still manage to be this energetic when we literally haven't eaten anything for days." He sighed and Rhian hummed, gently kissing on his earlobe.

"Don't worry. I'm the skilled hunter. I will hunt for us soon so we can feed." She taunts and Blue immediately looked at her with heart eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes. That's if... you let me."

"Oh come on! No way! I want to eat first! Hunt something first then you can have fun with me as much as you please!!!" Blue complains thinking Rhian will just refuse. But...

"That's a deal then!" She says as she stood up offering her hand.

"You have a point darling. I can't feed on you if you're too weak to handle it." She said again wearing a wicked smile.

Blue looks at her with disbelief as he stood up. Shaking his head.

"You are so unpredictable!" He said and lets out a soft chuckle.

Rhian eventually started to do what she does best. Aside from sucking blood, hunting. It only took them a short while before Rhian is now finding the right moment to attack a clueless deer.
But as she was about to lunge herself on it...

An ear piercing sound of a shattering glass suddenly penatrated their ears. It hurted the deer so much that it's entire body just exploded.

The two winced in pain as the sound continues to rip through their ears. After a few more minutes, a strong air blew and it almost felt like there's a tornado.

Blue casted out his wings to cover both him and Rhian. But due to the wind, blowing on all the trees and eventually breaking them. Some of the large branches pierced on his wings, causing hurtful damages.

Blue had no choice but to endure it just to make sure Rhian wouldn't get hurt. And eventually. After what felt like a torturous hour...
Everything went completely silent.

"Sh*t!!! A-are you okay!?" Rhian asked seeing his wings bleeding everywhere.

Blue winced when he tried to move it. It's badly injured as it looks and it also looks like a few bones are broken.

"I-I'm good. You?"

"I'm alright. What do you think happened just now?" She asks while looking at him with worry.

She knows Blue like the back of her hand. So it's easy for her to tell that he is in so much pain. Yalex once mentioned that Blue's wings maybe his strongest weapon. But it can also become his weakest part. Just like how Kitsch can be the strongest, but also the most vulnerable among the primes.

"I don't know. But I'm certain it's not good. Did something like this never happen before I arrive?" He asked and Rhian shook her head as response.

The two looked around and the forest seems more different than usual. Very different.
Gone is the eerie and dark aura surrounding them. Especially that strange feeling where they feel like they are crossing doors to doors.

"R-Rhian! A-are you seeing that!?" Blue asks and pointed at the glowing beam that went past from the thick green roof of the forest.

"That's..." Rhian carefully observe the light. Coming closer to it as she carefully check what it is.

A few seconds later and her eyes widened upon realization.
It was moonlight.

But moonlight never made it to the grounds of Black Forest.
And if it does now, this can only mean one thing...

"Rhian!!!" She heard Blue bellowed to her.

Rhian turned to him quickly. But instead, her attention was captured by the wildfire rapidly spreading throughout the forest. Causing more of the moonlight to spread out and expose the beautiful nightsky.

"The time spell here is broken!" Rhian exclaims as she watches the fire spread.

"Blue! You can open a portal now! Get us out of here!" She yells as she ran towards him.

Blue's eyes widened as he looks at her with a terrified expression.

"W-what is it?" She asked but Blue suddenly let out a cry.

"I... I-I c-can't..." he whimpers as he fell on his knees. Rhian immediately caught him.

The pain became more evident on his face as he cries and wince intensely.

"It hurts!!!!" Blue screams feeling how the injuries on his wings are killing him.

Rhian's expression went equally terrified. But she knows she can't push Blue to open a portal as it requires a huge amount of strength.
Rhian held onto him tightly and she could feel the tremendous shaking of his body.

"W-we have to get out of here Blue. The forest is on fire. We'll die if we stay here." She said to him calmly.

"O-okay. L-let's leave..."

Rhian placed his arm on her shoulder as she assists him to run. As much as she wants to carry him on her back, she couldn't because the intense movements will hurt his wings more.

A very heavy lump suddenly got on her throat. Tears were beginning to brim her eyes.
Rhian have never seen Blue in this so much pain. And it scares her that it might kill him eventually.

"Just hang on Blue. We're getting out of here!" She says and only heard the male response with a cry of pain.

It became hours that they were trying to get away from the fire. But it seems to be following them like it's their shadow.

Rhian is already exhausted. But what more of the injured angel. He is beyond exhausted and feels like his wings are getting ripped off his body.

And the fading darkness only made it more worse knowing that the sun could show up any minute now.

"T-there it is!!!" Rhian yells with sheer hope upon spotting the green field.

The two wasted no chance but to run. No matter the pain that's trying to hindrance them, they ran as fast as they could until they eventually reached the field.

Blue flopped on the soft green grass. Panting to catch whatever left of his breath. He kept trying to ignore the pain on his back... but as he was about to be successful with it...

"Blue... Let's talk."

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.