ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡɪɴs

"Hold him up." Kitsch instructed as he cut a small wound on his palm. Leaving it to bleed.

Ysabella carefully held the boy while Kitsch placed his hand in front of his mouth. Letting the sorcerer drink his blood like the first time.

"Aren't you giving him too much? It could hurt him." Ysabella noticed since Kitsch wasn't removing his hand when two minutes went by.

"There's only a limit of what my blood can do to keep him alive." Kitsch said and his sister shot him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember Telha from the tribe at the dragon nest? She sent me a dove carrying a message. She knew that I shared my blood with him once so I can keep him alive. Because she and the rest of the tribe felt it."

"The message said; That a person can drink my blood only twice. The first one is dangerous enough so giving too much could definitely raise the possibility of greed for more."

"For the second one. It is a very critical move so giving away more blood is a must. Because the body would try to deny it unless more amount is forced down his throat."

"He will have enough dragon blood in his body to make him a target to others. Because killing him will make his blood as an anti aging and healing dew. Depending of which race he is from."

"But the third time will have the high risk to kill him. Because with all of my blood stored in his body. Giving him more will eventually poison him because my blood will begin to take over his body and might as well kill the other cells in him that is not like mine."

"You're saying that you are saving him now. But to also kill him if this happens again?" Ysabella asked and Kitsch only nodded. He finally removed his hand too so Ysabella quickly helped to heal it for him since the scent of his blood is strong.

"Yes. I'm afraid so. But please do not tell anyone. I do not want to pressure them and make them feel bad. It was my idea to offer my blood."

"But you are blaming yourself?"

"Even if I knew that this is how I will affect him. I would still do the same. The least thing I can do is make sure that he doesn't get in the brink of death again."

Kitsch decided to carry the sorcerer on his arms while they began to walk. Hoping to search for a safe resthouse so Trevor can rest properly.

"You know. I sometimes think..."

"Trevor is better off without us."

Ysabella's words totally caught Kitsch off guard and made him shot a surprised look at his twin.

"What? Why would you think something like that?! I thought you like him! He's our friend and we're protecting him. Why would you say that!?" Kitsch sounded totally shocked. He never thought Ysabella have that kind of thoughts.

"If we are protecting him. His life won't be at risk all the time. I still recall how badly hurt he was at Coleen's home. That's when I started to ask that did he ever fell in that state when he wasn't with us." Ysabella explained. She looked at her brother and saw the worry in his eyes.

"He's my friend. And I want the best for him. But I don't want him to go either." He said and Ysabella sighed and smiled at him.

"He's not going anywhere. He's a prime. He's one of us now and we will never be complete with one of us gone."

"Then why are you saying something like that?"

"Don't worry about it. I was just concern. I would be lying if I say that I wouldn't think about it again. Because it really feels like he's always dying. Whenever things go bad. He always get hurt first."