ᴀᴘᴏʟᴏɢʏ

"I thought you'd be happy for me. Because you said that you're my family."

"But I guess I'm not that important because I'm just a demon."

Yalex bit his lip. He could feel his eyes going warm. But he didn't want to shed tears. Not now. And never in front of anyone who is not his muse.

"If you have no questions anymore. I'm going back to my muse. Atleast she's the only one who gave me the real chance to change."

And with that, Yalex walked out of the room without waiting for any response. He is truly disappointed. Because he thought that Samuel would be the happiest among the primes upon the news of him being a human.

Samuel on the other hand began to feel terribly guilty. He knows that he's wrong to judge Yalex like that. But he couldn't help it due to the emotion and the demon's history.
He took a deep sigh and left the hall to find his wife. She's already preparing to leave and travel to Weare to bring their kids there.

"Did you talk to him?" She asked and Samuel nodded in response.

"Yalex is innocent. I feel really guilty for being mad at him. He's probably gonna avoid me now." He said as he pouts and dropped himself on the bed.

"You should talk to him. It's gonna take us hours to travel to the Weare by ourselves. It's also Mako's first time travelling through swimming." Jade informs and Samuel sits up with a sigh.

"Do we need to let her do that? Especially in this situation?" He asked and Jade chuckled lightly.

"We're in Arkos. Besides, our children are with us and I know for certain that neither you or I will let any danger come to them." She says as she walks to straddle Samuel on his lap.

"Okay. I'll talk to him. I'll see you at the port tonight." He said but his action proves otherwise.

Samuel wrapped his arms around Jade's waist. Before he dropped his body on the bed as he peppers kisses on his wife's face.

They were at that for a few minutes. Constantly kissing each other like some teenagers.

After a while. Samuel got ready first before he went to find Yalex.

He's currently at the main hall of the citadel. Practicing swordsmanship with Blue.
And surprisingly. They were smiling at each other.
Rhian and Ysabella are also there. And Samuel could hear their conversation loud and clear. He could only grimace because they kept talking how wild their boyfriends are on bed.

"You're slowing down eh! I guess age is not only a number! That's mortality!" Blue mocked playfully.

"You're just quick Azrael! But you're actually dumb in this lifetime. What a shame!" Yalex fired back with a confident grin.

Blue looked at him flustered when he realized that Yalex swiftly cut his robe open. Revealing his inner clothes. Rhian and Ysabella immediately whistled to tease him.

"Some habits never really change." He scoffed and Yalex laughed before approaching Blue to help fix his robe.

"Come on. Again." He says and pose into a fighting stance. But then they suddenly turned to Samuel's direction. Except Yalex.

The three must've sensed his presence. Yalex also looked when he noticed the three.

"Samuel's here." Blue said and let out a sad smile.

Samuel decided to show up and immediately noticed the uneasy look on Yalex face.

"This is on me Yalex. I was the one who made the accusation not him." Blue repeated the words he had said earlier.

They've already talked since Blue was actually there when Yalex and Samuel were talking. He just didn't showed himself as Samuel strictly instructed. Besides, Yalex can no longer feel his presence.

He was deeply apologetic upon hearing the truth. So the sooner Yalex was about to search for Ysabella, he quickly blocked him to talk and especially apologize.

"We'd leave you two so you can talk." Rhian says before leaving with Ysabella and Blue.

Now that it's only just the two of them...

"I'm sorry." Were the first words that came out of Samuel's mouth.

"I-It's okay. Blue explained already. And I understand why you reacted that way." Yalex mumbles and forces a smile to him.

"Still. I'm really sorry. It was wrong for me to judge you that way. And I just want you to know that Iam very happy of what you've become. It didn't matter to me if you're a demon or a human. You're still my friend and my family. And I'm sorry too that I made you doubt that."

"I don't want to lose your trust Yalex. And I don't want you to think either that I'm the same as everyone. I'll always be your friend."

Yalex eventually gave him a sincere smile as he nodded his head. He walks closer to Samuel and pats his shoulder.

"I'm not mad at you or anything. I was just disappointed. But that's gone now. I know the primes are the only ones I can trust. And that includes you." He says and pulls the taller for a friendly hug.

"Since you're leaving with your family again. I ought you should know. Rhian and Blue will head back to Kades. We just received a report about Quinses that escaped the nest and some of them got near the border. Yvel and Kitsch will also leave to check the nest." Yalex informs him.

"What about you? Are you staying here with Coleen and Ysabella?" Samuel asks.

"No. We're heading to the border to check. It's not like keeping me in the citadel will always keep me safe. I can still fight for myself if necessary. Besides. I'm also a King of Arkos. I can't have my name marred by cowardice." Yalex states as he chuckles softly.

"Okay. Then be careful. The sooner Jade and I get back. We'll accompany you at the border." He says and Yalex only nods.

Samuel steps back and turned around. As he was about to leave...

"Samuel..." Yalex called.

Samuel turns to him with a smile. But upon seeing the older's expression somehow sent an unknown feeling to him.

"Do tell Jade. She's a great example to her people. And a great mother to her children."

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.