ᴀᴍʙᴜsʜ

"They're coming." Jade muttered as she averted her gaze to the front.

Her eyes glowing jade as she stares upon the numbers of water creatures from afar.
Waiting to ambush them.

"Gammon must've ordered those creatures to ambush us even before those traitors made their decisions." She added with a game face on.

When she looked at Samuel. She wasn't at all surprised to see him crying.
He have the face of someone who failed...

"Hey. It's okay..." Jade immediately attempted to comfort him but Samuel stepped back to avoid her gesture.

"I-I can't tell you that everything will be okay... And I'm sorry... that things are happening so quickly. But please. Don't ever blame yourself for not being able of seeing this. It only means that it can't be stopped anymore. Gammon is making moves that none of us can foresee." Jade explains to him and attempts to comfort him again but Samuel continues to step back.

"I understand." Samuel's words came out as a whisper.

He wiped away his tears before turning to the crew who are watching them due to the eery surroundings around them.

"Wake everyone and prepare for battle!" Samuel announced and the crew immediately moved at his command.

The captain rang the bell which woke everyone up. Including their twins. Everyone immediately started arming themselves up and went into each of their positions.
The twins on the other hand went to their parents.

"There's too many of them. Aren't we too outnumbered?" Mako asked upon sensing the numbers of their enemy from the water.

There's about ten of thousands of water creatures waiting for them. Which are 100 times larger than the people in their ship.
It's easy to tell who's gonna lose even before the battle begins.

"Shouldn't we bring the children inside?" Jade asked and looked at Samuel's serious face. And even though he is serious, the sadness is still very evident.

"Let them stay. This is what we've been training them for, right? Let them fight alongside with the two of us... for the last time." He said and whispered the last part.

Jade matched his sad gaze. It makes her feel terrible to cause this much sadness to the man she loves greatly. And to think that she's asking him to accept this makes her feel that she is being unfair to him.

Samuel is a very good husband to her. And never did he made her feel unworthy of his love. He gave everything he could offer. And to think that this is what Jade could offer in return...

"I'm sorry Samuel." She whispered upon intertwining their hands.

Samuel simply nodded and smiled at her genuinely. A smile that shows acceptance yet telling her to not go at the same time.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. I know this is hard for you."

"But it will be harder for you. Than it will be to me."

"I'll bear it... That's the last thing I can do for you..."

Acrox and Mako only watched in silence. The two could also feel the sad emotions coming from their parents.

"Acrox? What's wrong with mom and dad?" Mako asks in a whisper.

Acrox lowered his head and quietly checked the future. He never told his father that he have already mastered checking the future because Samuel could nag him for it too. Only Mako knows that he can do it now.