ᴄᴇʀᴇᴍᴏɴʏ

"He what!!?" Ysabella suddenly choked on her juice hearing the news from Samuel.

Ysabella and Yalex decided to go down for a few hours while she's in a normal state. It's also been three days in her heat cycle so she was quite worried about Kitsch after that conversation.

"Kitsch agreed to do it. They're doing the ceremony before sunset." Samuel said. A bit confused as to why Ysabella don't seem happy about the news.

"We were worried that Lake might not want to do the ceremony. But she said she also find Kitsch attractive and promised to make it work. I checked if she's sincere and she will do a good job. Trevor also said that Lake really likes him. So I don't think we still need to worry about it." Samuel explained while his eyes are glued at Ysabella's face. She looks sad. And disappointed.

"Yeah. I guess. But what did Yvel said?" The phoenix asked.

"She agreed. She seems quite happy about it. She's been telling Kitsch to try it with Lake for a while now so she must be glad that they're finally doing the ceremony to seal the deal." Samuel replied as he chuckled.

"It feels quite weird though. Like we're the ones who literally raised Kitsch since he broke out from his egg. So it feels like sending a son away." Samuel dramatically states while fake crying.

"You should be happy for your brother. He was always conscious about his bloodline. He won't need to worry about it anymore now that they're getting married." Yalex assured upon sensing the hesitation from her.

"Y-yeah. You're right. I guess I'm just not feeling well." She reasoned and forced a smile.

She quickly excused herself and went to his brother's chamber to talk privately before she gets horny again.

"You better tell me that you've thought about this properly!" She said as she stormed towards him after locking the door.

Kitsch was sitting on his bed with his wardrobe for later prepared in front of him.

"I did. And I think it's the right thing to do. I'm not gonna mess it up so don't worry." Kitsch said and smiled at her.

Ysabella sighed in exasperation as she sat beside his brother. He looks sad.

"Do you even like her?" She asked and Kitsch was quick to shake his head.

"Then for cryin' out loud, why would you agree to this? You love Yvel then why don't you take the risk? Don't be an idi** and force yourself into this!" Ysabella couldn't help but spoke harshly and she could sense that it was scaring him.

But he needed that. And he needed to know that he's being the stupidest right now.

"Maybe I just don't love her enough to take the risk." Kitsch whispered and his tears completely went out.

Ysabella was taken aback and felt guilty thinking that he made him cry. Ever since he broke out of that egg, this is the first time that Kitsch shed tears. And she could feel the tremendous sadness in her chest.
She pulled her brother and immediately hugged him tight. He suddenly started crying silently.

"It's not your fault. If you're doing this for your people and for our parents. Then I will support you. If this is what you think is the best. I will support you. And I'm sorry if I called you an idi**." She whispered to him calmly while stroking the top of his fluffy hair.