Chapter 26

Avneet woke up again alone in the room... Even though today she woke up early she didn't find Siddharth there.

Maybe he didn't come back or had already gone to the office... She thought.

It was a chance for her to finally go and meet Reem... ‘He said she was in the guest room Right?’ she remembered.

She just had to check her friend was safe. Even though she knew he won't hurt Reem if he promised not to... But checking wouldn't hurt anyone right!

All she had to do was go past all the guards in that big ass mansion and find that one guest room where her best friend could be... She sighed...

It was almost impossible!

At least she could get some hint if her friend was ok... If not meet her personally, she thought before getting out of the room.

Shocked!

There were no guards with big ass guns in their hands... No one was present.

What happened!

At least it was easy for her to find Reem, she thought.

She was trying to find Reem in that huge mansion with 52 rooms... It wasn't easy at all. Especially when she could herself get lost as she wasn't aware of directions yet.

Aren't you sore?” she heard a familiar voice.

She froze at her place... Too afraid to turn around and face that man.

She heard footsteps towards her before she felt his hand on her wrist. He made her turn around and face him.

“Looks like I couldn't do my job well. You can still walk around just fine.” He says almost making her blush remembering the last night.

“You said we won't talk about it again...” she struggles through words feeling his intense gaze on her.

“What are you doing here?” he asked raising his eyebrow.

“I... I... I was just... Lost. I... Was finding... Kitchen and...” She stuttered.

“Kitchen? It's on the ground floor.” he corrected her even though he knew she was lying.

She looks down in embarrassment... “I... I..m” she tried to cover up but she was too scared.

“If you are finding Reem then she is not here...” He said. “She had some work pending at the office so she went early.”

Wha... At office? You didn't hurt her right?” she asked.

“I didn't and I won't until she stays here at Nigam Mansion.” he started expressionlessly.

“But why?..  I mean...” she was cut off in middle.

“You ask too many questions... It's annoying.” He says and grabs her wrist and starts dragging her with him.

He brings her to the kitchen, she just follows him like a puppy. He made her sit on the kitchen counter.

“What do you want to eat?” He asks wearing an apron.

“You are cooking?” she asked.

“Cant I?” He asks.

“You can... But there are so many maids then why are you...” She asks hesitantly.

“I fired everyone,” he says casually.

“What? Why?” she asks again.

“I finally got my family back I don't trust anyone when it comes to my Family's safety.” He said again with an expressionless face.

“So what do you want to eat?” he asked again as he started making coffee for her.

“A...anything is fine.” She said.

He was looking ethereal in that white t-shirt and ripped jeans he was wearing. His hair slicked back and an apron tied around his waist... Cooking for his so-called wife.

He kept stealing glances at her and she kept staring at him for a while.

Umm... Your family... They are coming back in an evening flight right?” She asked to distract herself as she was almost drooling over him.

“Yeah! They will land around 4:30 pm I guess.” He says as he flips the pancake he was making for her.

“Oh! I am excited to meet them so much,” she exclaimed. He serves pancakes on the plate.

He cages her between his arms and looks at her. “My mom is very excited to meet her daughter in law too...” he says with a strange smirk she couldn't understand.

“Let's eat...” He says backing off. He serves breakfast at the dining table as Avneet follows him there.

Both sitting in front of each other, He fed Avneet the first bite with his hand... It was delicious... No doubt, he was great to cook!

“It's delicious.” She compliments.

“My mom taught me the best recipe,” he says taking another bite himself.

“You love Aunty so much, don't you!” She said.

“More than anything in this world... I respect her.” He said. She smiled.

Avneet, I don't want my family to know anything that happened between us. We have to act like a happily married couple. They shouldn't get suspicious at all. I know my mom too well, she would sense it so we have to be extra careful ok?” he asked Avneet. She just nodded positively.

“ For me, it will be easy because I loved you once... But, I know it's hard for you since you never felt anything towards me.” He said with a straight face directly piercing her heart with his harsh words.

But was it a lie? Did she ever love him?

“Just because I am behaving nicely right now don't forget I can kill every person you have ever loved in front of you tomorrow... Don't forget I can still ruin you if you make any mistakes.” He says snapping her back into reality after that romantic breakfast he had with her.

He pushed her away like a monster after behaving like a gentleman earlier.

She knew He was no hero but a villain in her story!

But what she didn't know was, The hero will sacrifice you for the world... But the villain will sacrifice the whole world for you!