Chapter 30

"Siddharth..." Avneet says panting as she pushes him away from her. "What if Mom sees us like this." she mumbles distancing herself from him uncomfortably.

"And you think I care?" he says as he fixes his shirt.

"I know you don't, but it's..." She stops as she hears a knock on the door. Her mom was standing carrying the tray with bowl of soup and water.

"You should eat first and take medicines." Her mom said. 

"I will feed her Aunty." Sid said taking the tray from her and her mom nodded.

Her mom went out of room leaving them alone again. It was disturbing for Avneet as she felt that her mom is still angry at her.

A tear fell out of her eye but she quickly wiped it off.

Siddharth fed her and gave her medicines. Two hours just passed like that. None of them said anything. Silence was killing her.

But the other thing bothering her was her Dad! He didn't come to meet her even once. He did come to her room, to give medicines, but he didn't even glance at her! Instead, he asked Siddharth to meet him in his room and went out from the door only. 

She never witnessed her dad behave this cold towards her! She knew, He was really angry and disappointed in her. Ever since Siddharth came back after talking to her dad, he was silent.

She was staring at him as he was sitting on the sofa in front of her and checking out his phone. Her own thoughts were killing her. What happened? What did Sid told her family about them? Why were they here? Did he do anything? Does her dad hates her? What was he up to now?

She tried to ask him about what happened but he just ignored her and kept looking at his phone. It was too much for her!!!

She was not strong enough mentally! These last few days were too devastating for her and after her emotional breakdown she was more broken and weak. And now this... She was trying to control her emotions. She wanted to be free! She didn't want to see this man anymore! She wanted to be alone... at least for some time.

"Are you asleep baby?" She opens her eyes as she hears his deep but velvety voice.

"I was just... I mean I needed some time. It's just too much for me." She said in low voice.

He sat beside her on the bed and started stroking her hair gently. Avneet closes her eyes again to stop the tears that would have fallen down. That man was confusing the crap out of her.

Her eyelids felt heavy. She was exhausted. Siddharth pulls her head on his chest as he sleeps beside her. He didn't stop gently stroking her hair. She didn't realize when she descended into beautiful sleep.

Curiosity about what will happen drifted off her as she felt more empty, sad and broken. She just wanted to sleep and never wake up again. There was nothing she could do, There was nothing anyone could do!!! She just had to live with it.

Next day, Avneet was resting in room alone, Siddharth had to go to office because of important meeting when her mom entered the room. She tried to get up, Her mother helps her sit with help of pillows.

"Mom..." She was overwhelmed. She couldn't form words to say.

"Are you happy? Does he treats you well?" She asked Avneet. Avneet almost choked at this unexpected question.

Her mother was super observant, her action didn't go unnoticed. "Y...yes" She hesitated nervously.

"You hesitated, the Avneet I know would have been really confident and excited to tell me about her choice. It tells me that something is wrong!" Her mother said.