Chapter 28

Avneet opened her eyes slowly as she felt some waterdroplets on her face. She heard faint voice of Siddharth... "Avi are you ok? Avi? Can you hear me? Are you ok?" His voice filled with concern but lacked empathy!

She realised she was in his room on his bed and everyone were there standing there concerned for her. She again saw that familiar face of 'Abhishek Nigam'.

Before she says anything she felt Siddharth's arms around her... He hugged her.

"I was so worried about you... How are you feeling?" He asked slightly caressing her hair.

"I am okay" she mumbled in low voice.

"That's a relief! You should take care of yourself dear... We were so worried! Vaishu go and make some juice for Avneet, she will feel better!" Vibha Aunty said slightly brushing her hand through Avneet's hair.

"No it's ok, Thank you mom! But, I am fine now..." she said. "Bhabhi please don't..." Avneet tried to stop her.

"Avneet are you sure you are ok? You are sweating!" Abhishek asked.

Avneet was confused if Abhi really didn't recognize her or he was just acting. Either way she had to be careful her dark secret could be revealed in front of Siddharth anytime! She didn't knew how will he react if he ever gets to know...

"Siddhu you should go... You had some online meeting right?" Abhishek reminded Siddharth.

"Oh yes... Bhavesh... na I told him to cancel everything, but that idiot forgot about this foreign deal. Anyways, baby take care okay! I will be in my work room if you need anything just call me..." He said and kissed her forehead before running out without giving her time to respond.

"Mom you should rest too... You must be tired. I am really fine. I am so sorry for making you all worried!" Avneet said reassuring everyone.

"Avneet why are you apologizing? It's not your fault! It happens sometimes in this state. You should take care okay?!" Vibha mom said.

Avneet nodded.

"We should let Avneet rest for a while... Vaishu, mom you both should rest too we had a long flight you must be tired! I have some work I will be back soon!" Abhishek said before going out. Mom and Vaishu sat there for a while and then both went to their rooms.

Avneet's whole world was shattering thinking about what will happen next! She was scared what if everything gets revealed just like that...

"I never expected to see you again, definitely not as my sister-in- law!" Avneet got startled hearing the familiar voice. She got up with jerk as she saw Abhishek with glass of juice in his hand.

"Mr. Nigam... I really had no idea..." Avneet tried to explain her side. Abhishek walks towards the bed and placed the glass on the table.

"Is your and Siddharth's relationship like that too... I mean BD...?" Abhishek tried to ask but Avneet got more scared.

"No... No... Siddharth doesn't even knows anything about that! He doesn't know anything..." She lowered her voice and looked down before replying.

"Do you really love my brother or is it just lust?" He asked blankly

If he asked her that few years ago she would have had to lie but now... "I really love him! I love him more than I have ever imagined I will fall in love with anyone!" She replied without hesitation.

The furrows on Abhishek's brow were telling he didn't believe her.

"Does he know you know me?" He asked