Chapter 3

(Y/N) P.O.V

Years has gone by. Everyday was the same. You got yelled at for something you wanted, whether it's from a movie you wanted to watch to the food you wanted to eat. At night, you would just wish for a better lifestyle than this--just to feel positive about life.

But today was different. Today was the first day of school. And not just school...Kindergarten.

"Get ready," your mother said, startling you from your sleep.

Once you got up, you were stretching for a bit. Knowing what the heck your mother wanted you to wear, you had to play along. Oh dear god, you thought after seeing the ugly clothing you had to wear.

After being forced to put on the clothes, you got to the living room. You held an ugly neon backpack with all the things you needed for school.

"Now, don't you look pretty," your mother said, admiring you in the ugly clothes you wore. If she realized what people has actually been saying about you in those clothes,...

You were later driven to the school. The drive there took five minutes. Once you got to the school, there were many kids older than you entering the school. The school walls were painted white and blue--you guessed it must have been school colors or something. There were pretty flowers growing around, and the school was so big, you worry about getting lost.

Your mother walked you to your new class, after you were driven to school. She wore a big smile on her face, leaving you wonder what is going on.

"Hello," a woman greeted you. "Welcome to your new class. Take a seat."

You were confused about where to sit. You then wandered around the class looking for your seat. So far you see seventeen other students making friends and talking. Boy does this suck, you thought. You were then greeted by someone...

Trunks P.O.V

"Wake up Trunks," I can hear my mother say. "Wake up. It's your first day of school!"

I immediately got up due to the fact I can go meet new friends. Jumping out of bed due to excitement, I obeyed my mother. I wanted to meet someone new. Then again, I remember bumping into someone at the supermarket long ago. What was her name? I forgot.

"Get dressed, Trunks." She walked out of the room after that.

As I got ready, I put on my favorite clothes (A/N: I don't know what kind of clothes Trunks wears. ;~;). Then I ran to go get my backpack with all the things I needed for school. "Okay mom! I'm ready!"

We walked out of the house and to the school, since we live close. When we got there, most of the older students were entering the school with some excited and some sad faces. They entered the many buildings painted blue and white. Many pretty flowers grew on the school. The place was so huge I might even get lost easily.

A woman greeted me when I entered the class, "Hello. Welcome to your new class. What's your name?"

"Trunks Briefs," I replied, mostly shy.

"Hello, Trunks. Please take a seat." She pointed to a seat close to the board.

I walked to find a desk with my name on it. So far I felt shy around the nineteen students in a big group, talking with each other. I wanted to talk to someone at least! That's when I saw her.

She wore a ridiculous outfit that probably her parents have chosen along with a bright yellow bow. All her things necessary for school was in an ugly neon backpack. I feel sorry for her, I thought.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Hey," she responded. "I'm (Y/N)!"

(Y/N)...that name sounds so...familiar...Is she the one...from the supermarket?

"...Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah. I am." I slightly blushed.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Trunks."

She suddenly stopped, thinking about something.

(Y/N) P.O.V

Trunks...the name sounds so...similar, you thought, ...wait I remember now!

"I remember now," you managed to say. "Weren't you Trunks, the one I met at the supermarket?"

He had a surprised face. "I remember now! (Y/N), please don't tell me your parents made you wear that."

Out of all the things you didn't want to hear, it's mostly your parents. "Yes," you said with a sad expression. "Why can't I decide on my own?"

Trunks felt bad about the issue, so he hugged you. "It's okay (Y/N). Things will get better soon. I know my dad doesn't want to be around me and all, but one day I hope he will want to spend time with me." He smiled.

You managed to have a smile on your face.

"Okay class," the teacher said. "Sit down. Take your seats."

To be honest, it was a coincidence that you sat next to Trunks. Because of this, both of you smiled for the rest of the day.