Chapter 10

Odin P.O.V

I don't know what is up with Mom and Dad when (Y/N) is around. They don't give her the things they gave me. She studies in her room as if she likes it...when I can see deep down she doesn't.

I walked in her room late at night. Even though my parents forbid me to go in her room, I walked in anyway. "(Y/N)," I whispered.

My sister woke up startled. "Odin," she whispered. "You can't be in here. Mom and Dad will yell at me if you do."

"But (Y/N) I want to talk. Please?"

She sat up from her "bed" and looked at me. "What do you want, Odin?"

I looked at her with pitiful eyes. "Why does Mom and Dad treat you so bad? I've been wondering that for a long time."

She looked at me with a saddened expression. "I don't know. It's been that way since I was young—younger than you. If only I knew I would tell you."

"I want to know this: If I give you something, would Mom and Dad know?"

"If you help me hide it well, then they won't. Other than that, they would know. Why? What is it that you wanted to give me?"

I took out a compass looking device and gave it to her. "I found this at the backyard. When I saw it, it reminded me of the time you didn't want to go home. Maybe because you have friends Mom and Dad don't even know about. Here. Take it." I gave her the device.

She looked at it with amazement. "Trunks," she whispered very quietly. She then looked at me. "How can we hide this from them?"

"Well," I said, "Mom and Dad check most of the house instead of your backpack. They know you would only have school stuff in there. Plus, you can always stuff it on your water balloons."

(Y/N) looked at me with a disgusted face. "I don't always hide small things there, but if I have to I must."

"Just don't tell Mom and Dad, and I will do the same as well. Got it?"

"Got it," she said. She took out her pencil case pouch and put the device inside. Later she zipped it shut and put it in her backpack. "Now leave before they yell at me."

I had to leave the room to prevent my beloved older sister getting in trouble.

Trunks P.O.V

I was in a chamber with the gravity thirty times greater than the earth's. So far, my back ached and sweat streamed down from my body as I trained under such pressure.

I thought of my father for a while. He cared about me to put me into this. He wanted me stronger for the sake of the planet. He wanted me to suffer to prosper from it.

Then, (Y/N) came to mind. How is she doing? How is her brother doing? I hope she hasn't been forced to do things and yet being treated like she is a lazy person. Hopefully her brother knows how bad she is suffering. I still would wish that the police haven't found her long ago; she wouldn't be suffering like this if they didn't. She would have been at my place, having fun, dressing the way she would like, and eating food she would like.

My friend Goten entered the chamber. "Hey Trunks—Whoa! This feels heavy! What have you been doing here?"

"Training," I simply said.

"Good. Don't want you to upset your dad. So, for the first time in years, I went to go see how (Y/N) was doing."

I stopped whatever the heck I was doing just to listen to my friend. "H-how is she doing? Is she still in that situation? Did she get more rights? Fewer? How pretty is she?"

"I get what you're trying to say, Trunks, but listen. She's still going through the same damn crap that she put up with when she was younger. She looked pretty thin. Thinner than the average person. She looked like she barely got enough sleep and at the same time dressing like a zombie from the 80's. She is the same person...but with different appearance. Her family has been throwing stuff at her face and people bullied her many times. She misses us both, but she can't leave."

Hearing this, I set the gravity to sixty times the gravity of Earth. I want to fight (Y/N)'s parents so bad. For doing this to her. For making her the person she doesn't want to be. For being so selfish instead of selfless. I trained harder than I have ever had been before...for the sake of (Y/N).

"Trunks are you crazy," Goten shouted, unable to stand up due to the pressure in the chamber. "You are going to get us both killed!!!"

I pushed myself harder than ever. Ignoring the fact Goten couldn't stand up, i resumed my training.

My dad entered the chamber. "Trunks, what the hell are you doing?!"

"Mr. Briefs," Goten shouted. "Help me!"

My dad went to change the gravity in the chamber to one where Goten can withstand. "Trunks, what were you thinking?!"

"Speak up Trunks! Why did you do that? Has something gone in your head? Tell us!"

I sighed, knowing there may not be a way out of this situation. Suddenly I had an idea. "Goten told me about a kid in my school who wanted to challenge me."

Goten knew what I was up to, so he kept quiet.

"Just don't get too carried away with your training," was all my dad said before leaving.

"What the—,"

"If I even dare mention (Y/N) to my dad, he will never let me go near her again," I said. "It's best if I keep this secret away from him. Who knows if he's going to react bad enough that he will force me to be in a girl's life?"

"True. I don't want that to happen to you." He looked around and then realized something. He checked his pants pockets and his eyes grew wider after checking a pocket. "Oh snap."

"What's wrong, Goten? What happened?"

"Your family will be very mad at me as much as you will be."

"Goten. Relax. Tell me. What is going on that makes you think my family and I will be mad at you?"

"I hate to say this..." Goten took a deep breath. "...I lost the Dragon Ball Radar."