Chapter 20

Third Person P.O.V

"Who must you be," (Y/N) asked the older guy. To her, the guy seemed familiar, but due to being surprised, it seemed a bit hard to focus.

"Mr. Briefs, but you can call me Vegeta," the guy said.

She was quiet for a while. "Oh yeah! I remember now! Wait! What do you mean by 'watching over me' or something? Have you been spying on me?!"

"I have often been seeing you with my son, and I am wondering if you know where he is."

"I'm sorry, but I really don't know where he is. If I do, I'll tell you."

"Alright." He turned his back on you. "By the way," he threw a cellular phone over to her, in which she caught, "Your mother instructed me to give this to you. Just in case it's safe to resume with your life before your current birthday." He flew up into the sky and left.

"A phone," Odin asked. "Why did Mom suddenly give you a phone?"

"I don't know," she said.

The phone suddenly rang.

(Y/N) P.O.V

"Hello," you said over the phone.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Tarble said over the phone. "How are you?"

"I ditched the theaters just to see how my brother is doing. What do I do? I can't just return home. Odin is also instructing me not to return home again."

"You should probably listen to him. After all, he's been looking after you since he found out your parents have been treating you differently. Now onto some serious matters: You can't return home. I have already contacted your parents and so far they disagree with the plan. If you can, run away from town, change your clothing style, and if possible change your name. Just don't go near any one of us that can possibly reveal your location!"

"But with this phone, how can I do that? What if Broly notices that I can communicate with you guys with a phone?"

"Hide it when necessary. If you feel his power, which is very noticeable, hang up during a call and hide it somewhere. If you can, give it to Odin so it won't seem that suspicious."

"I already have a phone," Odin said.

"It'll doesn't matter since your parents have been treating you better than (Y/N). Anyway, do whatever it takes to be safe. Have you seen Trunks at all?"

"No," you said. "Goten said he moved out of town with his family and can't possibly return."

"What," Odin said. "Trunks have been asking for you! What do you mean by that?!"

"Goten clearly told me he may not be able to see me anymore."

"Trunks would want to see you no matter the cost. In fact, even if he were to move, he would still take his time to find you. And who told you this?"

You suddenly felt a huge power level moving around the town. Knowing who the power belongs to, you said, "Sorry Tarble. Need to hang up. Bye." After hanging up, you threw the phone to Odin and hid behind one of the largest bushes around.

Broly landed on the pavement by the fence. Soon enough, he started to look around for you.

I don't think I'll ever get out of this, you thought. You felt a sudden tug on your dress and was pulled out of the bush. "What the?"

"There you are," he said. "Why did you run off?"

"Someone told me that my brother got in a--,"

"Don't you dare start with me! You know better than to do that to me!" He carried you bridal style. "We're going home. And don't even think about running off on me once more."

"I'll think of something quick," Odin said. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

Trunks P.O.V

If only (Y/N) were to reveal her power, I might find her quickly. Otherwise, the search for her is getting tiresome...but I must not give up.

Once I got to one of the tallest hills, I couldn't see her anywhere. "Goten, I can't see her anywhere. Are you sure she--," I saw Goten fly off back into town. Betrayed by your own friend, I thought. Son of a bitch, Goten. Why?

I suddenly receive a phone call. After answering the phone, I wondered who it was.

"Trunks," Odin said. "It's (Y/N)'s brother. Listen to this: she came back here just to check on me. She said Goten told her that you moved and won't possibly find her."

"Goten told me she left town with her 'boyfriend'. I just don't get it."

"I think I know what's up. But not to that. She was found. She's being taken back home. There's no way she'll ever leave town in peace."

"So that's why leave at night. Right?"

There was a smack sound across the phone. "I should have thought of that earlier. No one would suspect someone leaving home at night. That would be the best time for her to leave home. Now onto another thing: If she does happen to leave home, will you be there to protect her?"

I thought about it for a while. Being with (Y/N) and trying to get away from both our families seems like something that will work out for me. Then again, what will my father do about that? I have been away from home for long enough that he will be very mad at me. "I'll try to be there for her. If I can't, I'll figure something out. Okay?"

"Good. I think I know one thing that might solve things, but I bet you'll call me crazy." There was a pause. "I think I have to go now. Recess is over. Talk to you when she needs you. Bye." He hung up.

"Why are you here Trunks," a voice behind me asked.

I turned around to see my dad, very angry. "Ohey, Dad. Sorry about that. Just wanted to check out this awesome view."

"Spill it. I know what's been going on."

"And if I don't?!"

Adam P.O.V

Now that (Y/N) has a phone, she will know what is going on. I can't hide this from her forever. I don't want her to hate me...

...Wait. Will she still hate us after Tarble tells her everything?

Then again, if I don't do what Broly is forcing me to do, the whole planet will be in danger.

What is there to do now? I want her safe, but yet I want everyone on the planet to be safe as well. Someone help us out!