Chapter 15

Goten P.O.V

Trunks gave her a kiss?! Is he insane?! What's even going on with him? Wait...did he really like her this whole time?

I'm now starting to rethink things. Maybe (Y/N) is better off with Trunks. They look cute together and all. I can also see that they have a really good time around each other.

Many people in the rink awed at the two. I'm guessing they think it's cute.

I knew I should have asked her out when I had the chance.

Trunks P.O.V

I have no idea what I just did until now. I didn't even know I went this far. Would she still like me?

Surprisingly, she kissed me back! Does she like me as well? I'm guessing she does.

After breaking the kiss, I whispered by her ear, "You're it." I skated away, hoping she'd go after me.

She jokingly said, "You son of a gun!" Then she skated after me.

Goten shouted out, "No Tag-backs!"

"No fair," I shouted at him. "Why don't you let us have any fun?"

"Why don't you shut up and--"

(Y/N) ended up touching both of us at the same time. "Tag! You're both it!"

"How can we both be it?! That's impossible!"

I looked at her. "Actually it is..." I skated toward her, but she managed to out-skate me. Dang it.

"I'm going to get you!"

Chiaotzu then asked, "So who's it?"

I managed to tag Chiaotzu. "You and Goten."

He looked at me with confusion. "How can both of you be it? There can only be one!"

As I skated away, I said, "Not anymore!"

After being at the rink, we had about three hours before (Y/N) had to return home. So far, the time at the rink was really fun, especially since (Y/N) tried to tag me so many times.

"I have an idea," Goten said. "Let's go get some ice cream!"

She looked at him with an expressionless face. "Alright, I guess."

"You never had ice cream before?"

She shook her head. "Only Odin gets ice cream."

While holding her hand, I walked her to the ice cream place. "We really need to take you out more often. Just saying."

She looked at me, worried of something. "I don't think so." She must have heard something that made her poorly react. Tears filled up her face as she repeated, "No!"

Whatever is going on, I want to stop this.

(Y/N) P.O.V

You heard a voice in your head when Trunks walked you to the ice cream place. The voice said, "Wait until your parents find out about this!" You kept saying "No" since most of the time the voice is often correct. Tears filled your eyes since the voice sounded awfully familiar...

Goten looked you in the eyes. "Calm down. Take deep breaths. Think of something happy. Um..." He whispered to Trunks, "Dude. Back me up here."

Trunks then gave you a nice hug. "Calm down, (Y/N). At least we're here. Well, for now, but Goten and I will think of something to get you out of this mess! Right Goten?"

"Yeah," he said. "We would, but I was the dumbass who lost the Dragon Ball Radar."

"I said we'll think of something! It's not like we're gonna be relying on the Dragon Balls to save her or something!"

"But your mom is the kind of person that does rely on them!"

"Hey! Don't talk about my mom like that!"

Even though Trunks was supposed to make you feel happy, their bickering made you feel worse. The "voices in your head" keep tampering with your thoughts, making you feel even more insecure. It was when you started to cry when their bickering suddenly ended.

"Oh snap! (Y/N), I'm sorry! I didn't know what I have gotten myself into! I'm so sorry!" He held your hand. "Come on. We have no time to waste. Let's make sure things turn out well."

After getting to the ice cream place, you were amazed about the many flavors of ice cream there was. Because you haven't tasted ice cream before, you wondered about what flavor to choose. There were many ice cream flavors in the place, so thinking about it made your head spin. "I don't know what to pick," you told Trunks.

"I suggest you try Rocky Road," Goten said. "Oh wait! How about Oreo Cookies n Cream? Wait! You should try--,"

"I suggest you should try Triple Grape Ice Cream," Trunks said.

Chiaotzu then said, "You should try Fireworks Fun Ice Cream!"

"I'd stick with Triple Grape," you said.

After picking out the ice cream flavors, the four of you sat on one of the benches outside of the ice cream place. While eating the ice cream on a cone, you guys discussed certain topics.

"I'm not sure about what my sister does most of the time," Trunks said. "Basically the typical girly girl in the town."

"Odin's more of a gentleboy," you told him. "Secretly helps me out when he's told not to. Also helped out many people."

"Be careful with him being around my sister Bulla. She ain't nice though."

"She's a brat?"

"Yeah."

"Then there's my niece Pan," Goten said. "She can sure put up with a fight."

"Girls these generations."

"I'm worried about something," you ended up blurting out.

Trunks asked, "Hey (Y/N), is it fine if I have some of your ice cream?"

While licking it, you said, "Yeah, but I licked it. Why?"

He approached you. "That's fine." He kissed you once more.

"OHMYGOD, TRUNKS," Goten said with an envious expression. "Not here! And plus, you didn't even finish your ice cream!"

Chiaotzu looked at Goten. "...I agree with this."

"Well I don't! What if Vegeta sees this?! He won't agree with this or any of this! We weren't supposed to be out here in the--,"

Trunks stopped kissing you just to slap Goten in the face. "OH MY GOD, GOTEN! IT'S HER BIRTHDAY! WE'RE DOING THIS FOR HER! EVEN THOUGH WE'RE RISKING THIS, IT'S ALL FOR HER!"

You stared around the place, trying not to focus too much on the argument. Something caught your eye.

Odin ran with something in his hand. He tried to put it in his backpack while running to you. After putting the item in his backpack, he full-out sprinted to you. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! You can't be going home!" He looked at Trunks, Goten, and Chiaotzu. "Hey (Y/N)'s friends! I hope you've been taking care of her well enough!"

Trunks and Goten stopped fighting to see Odin. "Hey, Odin!"

Odin turned his attention to you. "(Y/N), please run off elsewhere. I figured out one time you did that and got in trouble. Please do that again. I don't want you being with the horrible guy Mom and Dad is forcing on you."

"Your parents are doing what to her," Trunks said, enraged.

"She didn't tell you?"

"No."

Odin then explained the necessary things to Trunks. Then he turned to you. "You have to run off with your friends again. Don't let the police find you. Don't go home. Repeat: Don't go home."