Chapter 3- They don't love me

Max's POV:

I was quick to grab her in my arms before she fell on the floor and hurt herself. Guilt overwhelmed me as I adjusted her in my arms to carry her better. She didn't deserve what was about to happen to her. She seemed like such a lovely girl.

And She loves cats!

Liam was looking guilty too. He didn't want to do this just like me. Damien was simply not interested. But Zack was cruel. He was smirking, already thinking about the ways he was gonna torture her.

I carried the girl in my arms over to our car to keep her in the trunk. I tied her hands together with a rope, making sure not to make it too tight and put a duct tape on her mouth just like Zack wanted.

"C'mon Max.. It's just a matter of days, then she'll be free." Liam said just as much to himself as to me. His tone was unsure.

I don't know why but when I looked into those ocean blue eyes of hers, which were so similar to my own, I felt an odd sense of belonging. There was an unspoken bonding which occurred between us as soon as she opened the door to reveal herself.

We sat in the car and drove off to our house, away from this neighbourhood before anyone could suspect us.

"So, would you first like to explain what in the fuck you two were doing?!" The silence in the car didn't last for long when Zack turned to look at us before focusing on the road again.

He was driving and Damien was sitting next to him in the passenger seat while me and Liam were at the back.

"What were we doing?" I asked confused.

"The cat talk, you ugly duffer!"

"Oh.. She loves cats! She even said that the names I gave to my cats were cool! None of you ever appreciated my creativeness in naming them. And also sh-"

"Max!" Zack snapped.

"...What?" I met his eyes in the rear view mirror and nearly flinched seeing the harshness in them.

Why did it feel like he was strangling me in his thoughts?

"Can someone remind me why he is still here with us and not fucking dead already?" Zack growled.

Damien just stared out of the window, not participating in any convos with us. He has been like this for the last few months. Not talking much and just taying emotionless and cold.

In response to Zack's question, Liam shrugged. "I wanna know that too."

I turned my head to glare at him but he only shrugged again.

Zack didn't say anything after that, too busy cursing me in his head. Soon, we reached our house which was literally in the middle of a forest.

The forest was huge. I don't even want to count the number of times I got lost there and the boys had to come and find me.

Why are they so good at navigating and I am not?

Stopping the car, we took Jennifer out of the trunk, still in her bind state and locked her up in the basement.

***

When it had been an hour and a half and no sign of Jennifer waking up, Zack was getting impatient. By the look on his face, I could tell he just wanted to murder her already.

He raked a frustrated hand through his hair and took a bottle of water and left for the basement, all three of us following him. He opened the door and was just about to throw the bottle along with the water inside, at Jennifer's face, when he stopped.